Disfellowshipped

by lriddle80 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Sorry to hear about your shunning. People have been sacrificing their children to false gods for a long time. Your father sees this as a battle of the gods..... his vs. Jesus alone.

He said that worshipping Jesus was wrong and I offered to send him several scriptures stating the opposite.

Buried within all the leagalism baloney.... we get to the real reason for your harsh treatment. Once a person trusts Jesus alone, they are are far more resistant to manipulation, new light, refinements, adjustments, changing medical rules, date setting schemes, hype, scare tactics etc. This is the ONLY issue that this is all about. You fired Molech and they don't like it, plain and simple.

At age 40, I had to chop my own family tree down. I started my own family, had two more sons.

Your previous family is utterly deceived. But, you are free now. Freedom is a very precious and costly thing. Determine how you will use your freedom and do it.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

What a dick move by your "sperm donour." I say that, because this gelatinous sack of human flesh doesn't deserve to be called a "Father."

• tiki
    tiki

Smiles and lies......so sad. I find it particularly loathsome that they used the father to get the daughter to answer the call. That is manipulation at its most dismaying....and that he allowed for them to use his family position that way...outrageous. Move ahead...they are toxic and care only about their personal perception of their superior holiness.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Hi Smiddy – here are the scriptures you cited plus a bit of context. Can’t find a Titus 4:1 though.

(Acts 10:40-43) . . .God raised this One up on the third day and granted him to become manifest, 41 not to all the people, but to witnesses appointed beforehand by God, to us, who ate and drank with him after his rising from the dead. 42 Also, he ordered us to preach to the people and to give a thorough witness that this is the One decreed by God to be judge of the living and the dead. 43 To him all the prophets bear witness, that everyone putting faith in him gets forgiveness of sins through his name.”

(Acts 17:30-31) . . .True, God has overlooked the times of such ignorance, yet now he is telling mankind that they should all everywhere repent. 31 Because he has set a day in which he purposes to judge the inhabited earth in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed, and he has furnished a guarantee to all men in that he has resurrected him from the dead.”

The words Jesus spoke came from His Father – so this is how I understand it, it’s where a person has stood throughout their lives in relation to the values Jesus expressed. And it had to be Jesus expressing them because he lived by them perfectly. So, I don't see a contradiction.

My bottom line is if Jesus was wrong, I’ll be wrong with him because I think he was a nice, kind person. Throughout my life, I have always found that if I follow the direction Jesus gives, things work out and you are happy. I appreciate you have a different view. Just explaining why I value Jesus’ words.

• Listener
    Listener

I gather that you hadn't been acting as a JW for the past 20 years but they still came after you after all this time. They are so proud of their behavior even though it is very wrong.

• blondie
    blondie

Wrong thread.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

So sorry you had to experience this. It hurts.

The fact that your Dad put the Elders on the phone and actually seemed to be enjoying the moment is disturbing. He showed his true colors. I believe I would keep away from that traitor.

The sad part is that one day when he becomes a old man and the loving congregation is tired of taking care of him, they will actually have the balls to call upon you. My advise....DON'T ANSWER.

These stories just make me pine for the day this cult has to pay for what they have done to people's lives.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

Thanks for all of the encouragement!! You guys are the best!!

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

great thread , subbed !

• Deltron3030
    Deltron3030

I'm shocked by the "love ya girl" text! That's not the right way to talk to somebody that you want to have a serious conversation with. When I was going regularly I had been sinning like a BEAST, and they wanted to talk to me. I showed up at the designated time and nobody was there! Nobody ever called me back, and when they see me they don't mention it. Maybe they lost interest, or something? It was so weird. Lol, but I have many more strange things that have gone on with elders here locally. I don't want to write a book, because it's my first time on this site, but I'll share more later. I hope everything works out!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit