Disfellowshipped

by lriddle80 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Nothing but smiles and lies.

Yes that pretty much sums up the ingrain pretentious character of a JWS particularly with Elders or when they are around other JWS

• fulano
    fulano

All natural positive feelings are killed by this cult. Sorry Iddle you had that experience.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Your dad had an Elder with him while he was on the phone to you ? Two witness rule .

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Hi Iriddle80

It's a long story to explain what I went through being df'd in March. As I said, they have no legitimate scriptural authority to do such a thing from a Christian/Jehovah's Witness stand point, because they are, as you realise, opposing the words in the Bible. But I read this and given you what you said about wanting to be forgiving towards them, I thought I'd share it with you.

(John 12:47-50) . . .But if anyone hears my sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I came, not to judge the world, but to save the world. 48 He that disregards me and does not receive my sayings has one to judge him. The word that I have spoken is what will judge him in the last day; 49 because I have not spoken out of my own impulse, but the Father himself who sent me has given me a commandment as to what to tell and what to speak. 50 Also, I know that his commandment means everlasting life. Therefore the things I speak, just as the Father has told me [them], so I speak [them. . .

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Correction, not March, June.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

John 12:47-50) . . .But if anyone hears my sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I came, not to judge the world, but to save the world.

Anna Marina how about acts 10: 42 ? acts 17;31 ,2 ,Tit.4:1 , Just to name a few scriptures that contradict John 12;47-50.?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Anna Marina is it really necessary to use this posters traumatic experience and plea for understanding to promote your personal ideology?

Iriddle80 explained her experience in terms of her Christian faith and Anna Marina responded by agreeing with Iriddle80’s use of scripture.

It is you who is insisting and promoting your ideology by demanding others not explain their experiences with reference to their faith, stating it is as a “traumatic experience” that many have been through. The demand to leave faith out of it is an ideological position. What’s more, Anna Maria’s perspective is in line with the original poster, and it is you who are using the thread to promote your alternative secular perspective.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

What about the Scriptures that contradict the scripture that Anna Marina provided ?

On the one hand Jesus did not come to judge the world and on the other hand Jesus comes to judge the world.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Far be it from me to defend scripture, but my understanding is that the NT teaches that Jesus didn’t come to judge when he came to earth to die, but that he would return in the future to judge the living and the dead.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Sorry you are having to experience this. But it is proof that JW's are fulfilling Bible prophecy!

Consider John 16:2: "......in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God." Disfellowshipping is their spiritual "killing" of a person.

Good luck!

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit