JW.org greater than the Bible now

by eyeslice2 19 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeslice2
    eyeslice2

There was a time when Brooklyn Bethel was emblazoned with the words; "Read God's Word the Bible Daily" but it seems to me now that even the Bible has taken second place to JW.org.

I remember having lots of studies using the 'Truth' book. We asked the students in those days to prepare well and look up the scriptures in their own copy of the Bible. All I see now are people being directed to JW.org and asked to download something or other.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The last time I set foot in a KH was a good 26 years ago.And I find it hard to comprehend how dumbed down the religion has become to what it was in the 60`s--80`s ,and before .

Back then JW`s could hold their own in a discussion with a householder however from what I`m hearing now on this forum things have changed dramatically .

Not that that`s a bad thing ,I think it`s probably going to do a lot in eventually waking a lot of people up and certainly prevent a lot more from joining this religion.

The Ministry school is not a shadow of what it was previously,the service meeting : Just point people to JW.Org ,the WT study(?) read the paragraph answer the question provided by the mag .and only answer from the said paragraph.

Witnessing ? don`t use the Bible use an electronic device , show the HH a video and push a second rate dumbed down childish magazine ,then tell the HH the GT and the big A is just around the corner .

And when the HH opens his/her mouth with a point or a question the JW excuses himself because he has to reach as many people as possible with the "truth" before the end comes .

• Half banana
    Half banana

In the evolution of every cult, the time comes when they imply or demand that the words of the leadership trump all else including the Bible. I think it was Jim Jones who stood telling the faithful what to do making the point of his own authority with his foot on the Bible.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The GovBod (piss be onto them), only use the Bible for their own platforming. They use it to get rock-star worship and as much luxury as possible. In the mean time they allow children to be abused, and have proven they do not care and are anything but Christian or Biblical.

It's all about the leaders of the JW cult.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

We asked the students in those days to prepare well and look up the scriptures in their own copy of the Bible.

eyeslice2 ...

There is such a dumbing down of JW's now, especially the young ones. If you put a real NWT in front of them and asked them to read a scripture from Ezra, Micah, Amos or some other smaller biblical books, they would have the "deer in the headlights" look on their faces.

I mentioned that to one of our elders recently that the scripture of "handling the word of truth aright" is being ignored. All he could say was, "I guess if persecution comes, we may need solar chargers for the iPads."

This is sad compared to what we had to know in the past.

Rub a Dub

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

The stupid......it burns.........it BURNS!!!!!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Rubby - "I guess if persecution comes, we may need solar chargers for the iPads."

What a bloomin' dimbo! I wonder what they'd put in their 'go bag(tm)'.

I've seen the 'workbooks(tm)' the Jobos use. So deadly boring to the point of making you feel exhausted and preferring a colonic with tobasco sauce.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Half banana - "In the evolution of every cult, the time comes when they imply or demand that the words of the leadership trump all else..."

I remember when I first realized that a reading of the Bible without WT-colored glasses just might actually support ideas like the "immortal soul".

BTW, how often does the evolution of a cult end in said cult's extinction?

• minimus
    minimus

They stopped being preachers and teachers.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Now they just point people to JW.Org

That's quite true,

The GB members have now also become more important than the bible itself removing entire sentences right out of the bible as a means to support their own established doctrines.

It would appear these men are drunk on power, control and money and that really is the core of their inherent corruption.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit