JW hospitality

by Chook 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

godly devotion or is it works and being selfish,if jws didnt HAVE to do 2 hours a week and then try to do 60 hours a month i wonder how many would ???.A jws life consits of giving to headquaters and taking from anybody else that will give

• zeb
    zeb

All our young needed help in accommodations in securing good job. It was not going to happen.

I was ever appaled by the integral wt practice to not help people get useful employment.

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

These kind of examples is what wakes up a lot of people. The love that is not shown from JW's, is very abundant. It is not an isolated thing, in one part of the world, or a rare occurrence. Instead, it is quite the opposite, and the lack of love permeates the organization.

I truly believe that EX Jw's ARE some of the MOST loving people. We were turned off to the Borg, BECAUSE of the lack of love, and these kinds of examples. We are the TRUE Christians, as WE have been persecuted by this organization, because of our compassion, and love for others.

We just would not except that this was the true religion, because we knew the love was false. We have been branded as heretics, called apostates, put on display, ridiculed by others, and shunned, by those who claim they love. We except this, and WE would still take THEM into our homes, if THEY needed, knowing full well that they would not do the same for us.

We are love, not them.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Good example of the scriptural admonition to "have 'conditional love' among yourselves". Some guy with a beard said those words long time ago, so I'm told!

just saying!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"BUT, haven't you watched one of the latest music clips on the broadcasting website??

It is all about showing hospitality!!"

BUT...only to exemplary JW's.

• Disassociated Lady 2
    Disassociated Lady 2

The elders had a problem with where I was living as I was left homeless after a divorce, I coudnt go to the JWs or family as I was shunned. A woman who is a retired wise women/witch was kind enough to let me stay with her. The elders told me I had to move out of her home which I cannot afford to do as I also have work in this area, but I would not be permitted to go anywhere near the area again or have anything to do with this so called EVIL woman!!! I have been offered no help from, them or my family so they are now disfellowhipping me because I cant afford to move out. x

• cha ching
    cha ching

Thanks, sparky1, this sentence says it all:

And if you greet your brothers only, what extraordinary thing are you doing?

We should all memorize this line....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit