Does Today’s Comedy Offend You?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• LoveUniHateExams
  • minimus
    minimus

U racist u 😈

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Justin Trudeau has apparently been caught in 'brown face'.A picture has emerged of him 'browning up' at an Arabian themed party from 2001.

And he should be allowed to dress as anybody he wants to, as long as it's not in the intent of disparaging. If someone decides they will dress up as a character who happens to be of another skin color at halloween, and it's done in good spirit, then this is totally fine.

The issue are the droves of idiots, that spend their days trying to come with things to complain about. Just part of the outrage society we live it.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

And he should be allowed to dress as anybody he wants to, as long as it's not in the intent of disparaging. If someone decides they will dress up as a character who happens to be of another skin color at halloween, and it's done in good spirit, then this is totally fine - yes, I agree, actually.

The issue are the droves of idiots, that spend their days trying to come with things to complain about. Just part of the outrage society we live it - but Trudeau is one of those droves of idiots who find offence in everything.

So, while I agree with your first point about freedom of expression, I'm a bit glad that Trudeau is catching some flack over this.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Trudeau is one of those droves of idiots who find offence in everything.

Sure, but I don't care about Trudeau either way. I'll call shots based on issues. Good thing about not belonging to a team. You can call it as you see it.

• minimus
    minimus

I guess Trudeau May have some other dark face pics out there.👍👍

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Sorry I haven`t looked at all the previous responses ,however I do object to the use of swear words and profanity that many comedians use to get a laugh when it just doesn`t fit the subject of there joke.?

And profanity /swear words are just overworked ?

To me a true comedian ,one with talent is a person male or female who can engage an audience with a joke and not use profanity/swear words in any form

• minimus
    minimus

Regarding profanity and swearwords, I think comedians definitely overuse words that are offensive to many people. I don’t think it’s funny if a comedian is referring to a woman by the C word. Calling your audience m effers all the time is not hysterically funny. However sometimes the use of swearwords can be hilarious.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

See how the media try to cover for him?

'Justin Trudeau's brownface scandal is bad. But voting him out isn't the solution'

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/sep/20/justin-trudeau-brownface-scandal

^^^ Hahahahaha .... f**k me! XD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit