How Did You Discover This Site?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Matty
    Matty
    The first time I went to this site was in the aftermath of 9/11, I was already wavering at that stage and I was clearly interested in all views regarding this catastrophic event, as many of the news sites like CNN and BBC were so overloaded they were inaccessible at the time. After that I revisited occasionally, amongst other resources I soon realized that I was in a cult and I should get the heck out. A few months later I joined this site. Its difficult to fathom that nearly 20 years has elapsed since then!
  • All or nothing
    All or nothing

I was too much of a "perfect" jw elders wife to read his personal copy of his elders book. I wanted to see if our current body of elders were following their man made rules... So I searched for the book online and it led me down the rabbit hole to this wonderful site! Yay!

• minimus
    minimus

All, is ur husband still an elder?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I found the site with a simple search. Looking for old friends initially....I found the people really funny so the laughs drew me in at first.

Boy am I embarrassed when I look back at some of my posts, though. Talk about brainwashed. I knew it wasn't the truth but still believed a lot of the hype.

Then the CARC became a huge talking point and I watched proceedings live.

That blew me away and I could finally bring myself to use the C word - cult!!!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    found a wealth of information here from many an erudite Poster, Allen F, Leolaia, a guy called Nicos ? who had worked on the French translation of the NWT,

Oh I forgot to say it really grinds my gears when I read that idiotic, egotistical banner atop Exjwreddit "The internet's biggest resource for all things watchtower/JW" etc.

What cobblers! This site is an absolute bloody MINE of information!! With JWfacts.com there's simply no better than this site!

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

Minimus thank goodness he is not! Lol

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Told one Sunday morning nearly twelve years ago by a substitute conductor that I would not be permitted my assigned turn to read the WT that morning because it was about "marrying only in the Lord" and over a decade earlier I had married "out of duh troof".

Asked why that made a difference as she had divorced me and I had been single for a LONG time. Told that it was holy spirit that prevented me from reading, even though I had read the same material in other WT "studies" over the years between. Told that I was reprehensible, and came home and started looking online for information from independent sources about other people experiences with WT B.S. and the rest is history, as they say.

• minimus
    minimus

Fed up.... they screw themselves

• Justaguynamedmorph
    Justaguynamedmorph

Its crazy but more than ten years ago now i was laid up at home with a back injury. Idle hands being the devils work shop i landed here and the rest is, as they say, history.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Came over from DogPatch's site in 2011, great articles from NewBoy and other former bethelites made it obvious JW were just another religious organization, not at all what they claimed to be. Found it to be a great resource.

Solid year or two of daily reading over here until I handed in my DA. Great site, seems to have gone south for awhile last 3 1/2 years on account of divisive usa politics and aggressive posturing..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit