Why is Life Expectancy in the USA So Low Compared to Other Countries?

by RubaDub 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Concentrations of people with high morbidity rates due to obesity, crime and other issues drag the average down. I think the US can be separated out into two or more distinct groups / societies that will have dramatically different stats. There are cities that are more dangerous than central American countries renowned for their crime, so it's unfair to group them with other areas - the US is a large, diverse country so comparing it with much smaller countries isn't like-for-like.

I'm also always wary of the life-expectancy stats for Japan and they seem to measure it based on people claiming pensions, not that anyone would claim someone was still alive just to get a cheque, but ...

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Well at least I can count on 2.5 more years before I kick the bucket

• JeffT
    JeffT

It's proven that the less you eat, the longer and healthier your life expectancy will be.

So if I stop eating entirely, I'll live forever?

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    So if I stop eating entirely, I'll live forever?

Not forever but you might make Armageddon

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Basically you've just gotta watch your carb intake to improve your health. For fellas generally, going much over 2500 carbs a day will see a weight increase unless you're very active. I love my tucker and can easily pile on weight, so I found that cutting potatoes and processed food out of my diet completely and replacing it with green vegetables has been sufficient for me to lose 9 pounds over a six month period. Plus potatoes are quite soporific, so my energy levels are now much higher.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

are Canadians less stressed than Americans that ultimately affects their health? If so, why? - Canada has much lower population density.

Amount of people per square km is much lower.

That's gotta be one factor why Canadians live longer - less crime, less stress, etc.

• fulano
    fulano

@s ugglebunny....2500 carbs a day? Are you kidding?

Or do you mean calories?

• Searril
    Searril

I think it would be interesting to see life expectancy if you removed a few cities. Chicago, Washington DC, LA, Baltimore.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    @s ugglebunny....2500 carbs a day? Are you kidding?
    Or do you mean calories?

Oops. Yes, calories, not carbs. Of course. Thanks.

• tiki
    tiki

The purer the diet the healthier...Americans have been industry victimized into consuming way too much processed foods containing all sorts of poisonous crap. The more chemical additives, the less actual nutrition and consuming empty calories does not satisfy, so more and more is eaten.... Then laziness is the order of the day. Technology has replaced body movement. Now they are advertising voice activated faucets...you don't even have to walk across the kitchen to get the water.

Good health and longevity are dependent on several factors....diet and proper exercise....uninvolvement in high risk activities...and inheritance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit