Has a 'Christian' ever murdered somebody?

by goddidit 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• goddidit
    goddidit

A JW made the claim "No Christian [JW] has ever murdered anyone".

When I showed examples of such, the goalposts moved a bit with "was he a baptized, dedicated witness?"

Can anyone provide examples of murders committed by "baptized, dedicated" JWs?

Thanks

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757
    I would venture to say the leadership of Watchtower has murdered many thousands by their misleading blood policy.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

With a membership of 8 million, there's no way that there's never been a JW murderer. But that probably won't matter, as the person you're debating with will probably just state that the fact that they committed a murder is evidence that they weren't true christians. The no true scotsman fallacy is often an attractive refuge for someone on the losing side of a battle like this.

Haven't there been some documentaries on this though? I think there's a show called "deadly devotion" that featured a couple JW episodes.

• Mephis
    Mephis

The problem you may have though is that no matter which example you give, it'll be 'but they obviously weren't true JWs because they killed someone". It'll get circular pretty quickly.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jehovahs-witnesses-caught-police-after-341490

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes of course here's just one ....

Jehovah's Witness couple and their young children found shot dead in two-story home after grim 'murder suicide'

• Sheddrick and Kia Miller and their two young children were found Wednesday morning after police were called around 10:30 to the family's home near Irmo, South Carolina
    • The man's mother came across the grisly scene when she hadn't heard from her son for a number of days and went to check on the family
    • She immediately called 911 after discovering the bodies scattered throughout the two-story home

A family of Jehovah's Witnesses have been found dead in their South Carolina home after what police say was a shocking murder-suicide.

The bodies of a couple - believed to be Sheddrick and Kia Miller - and their two young children were found Wednesday morning scattered throughout the family's two-story home near Irmo.

Police were called to the home around 10:30 a.m. after man's mother discovered the grim scene.

Scroll down for video

Tragedy: Sheddrick and Kia Miller and their two young children, pictured, are believed to be the family founds dead in their South Carolina home Wednesday morning
    +6

Tragedy: Sheddrick and Kia Miller and their two young children, pictured, are believed to be the family founds dead in their South Carolina home Wednesday morning

• Finkelstein
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

A JW made the claim "No Christian [JW] has ever murdered anyone".

Jehovah's Witness couple and their young children found shot dead in two-story home after grim 'murder suicide'

• Sheddrick and Kia Miller and their two young children were found Wednesday morning after police were called around 10:30 to the family's home near Irmo, South Carolina
    • The man's mother came across the grisly scene when she hadn't heard from her son for a number of days and went to check on the family
    • She immediately called 911 after discovering the bodies scattered throughout the two-story home

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Deuteronomy 17 .. The Bible commands Christians to kill nonbelievers.

We must remember all those people in the OT were JW, according to JW's today.

So I guess nonbelievers are no body.

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    In Holly Michigan around 1996 one JW murdered another. He was I think 18 at the time. He is still in prison and still a JW now. There was a write up about him in the paper prob about 5 years ago. I'm sure I could find the article if I had to. I can't remember his last name at the moment.
  • Ignoranceisbliss

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit