Partaking of emblems

by sloppyjoe2 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Good questions. May explain why the steady increase in partakers over the recent years.
  • Heartsafire
    Heartsafire

I get what you're saying, you don't feel the need to play their game because they aren't really playing by the rules--the real rules--that Christ established regarding the bread and wine.

Do what you think is best, or whatever is most convenient for you. I'm having to go so my husband doesn't divorce me, but I am making it clear way in advance that I think the whole JW ceremony is bogus. I mean, show me in the Bible where Jesus said, "My followers who want to live forever on earth need to reject my blood and flesh that I gave on their behalf. They must stupidly sit, bored and drooling, while the heaven-bound accept the emblems."

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    I am going to partake even though I'm not sure if I'm going to heaven or living on a paradise earth. I just think it's what Jesus said to do, so that's what I'm going to do, and if others ask that's what I'm going to tell them flatly. And yes, I'm still active. Oh, yes, you can bet they will lay the "he's mentally diseased card" on me, go ahead.
  • Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

OTWO

Sorry to mention mate, but all AC/DC US concerts until April are cancelled or postponed, because of the danger for the singer Brian Johnson to loose his hearing.

The european tour hasn't been cancelled yet.

• Skedaddle
    Skedaddle

Go for it LevelThePlayingField!

Try to take note of any other new partakers!

If you're ballsy, I wonder if sitting at the front so everyone can see you do it would encourage any others...

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I did it the last time I went. The wine was good just nibble the bread it sucked.
  • Carol1111
    Carol1111
    Is it not a little presumptuous for people to decide who goes to heaven and who stops here? Does God have any say in the matter?
  • Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    Right and biblically speaking, God has all the say. And He has said all who embrace His Son are Spirit begotten, justified and heaven-bound. Feelings have nothing to do with it.
  • Sanchy
    Sanchy

What purpose would it serve? If you love your family (remember it's not them that is the problem, its the system they are indoctrinated to), then ask yourself: What actions could I take to create the least amount of pain?

If your conscience tells you that you need to partake of bread and wine, then perhaps a separate ceremony on your own or with another org would allow you to do so with less "issues".

Remember friends, love is the answer. I know we are bitter and angry at the system, but never lose the love, even if we get none in return.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit