Did you enjoy your visit to Bethel?

by Addison0998 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Addison ...

That was skillful how you included the words "enjoy" and "Bethel" in the same sentence.

I have always considered the two words mutually exclusive.

Rub a Dub

• Steel
    Steel

My wife was playing her kingdom melodies the other day in the house and there was this song called bethel this is the house of god.

Good god, singing a song that gives glory to a geographic location. Shit, I don't even think Catholics even go that nutty with there vatican voodoo.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

sir82 thanks for the laugh .

How in the world could they seriously ever have said "take your kids to Bethel instead of taking them to Disneyland ?

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

No. It felt all stuffy in there. I was invited a few times by some Bethel dwellers to their rooms and I remembered being quite impressed about their fairly modern living spaces compared to typical residential areas in this country. Thick carpets, cool shoes drawers. But the air was so stale. The hallways were pretty dark.

Fast forward to the recent years I've also been invited a few times to see "Sophia and Caleb". Lol. I never went, though. Most adult JWs I know seemed to enjoy taking pictures with the 2 cardboard figures more than their kids did, from what I saw on their Facebook posts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit