Exit therapist

by Beachlover 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon
    Jesus taught us to look beyond the crime

Is this the same Jesus that's going to kill anyone who doesn't call on his name?

Seems like a judgemental prick to me.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Perry- No one denied that his miracles were real.

So wait a minute. The fictional account that bolsters Jesus did not include any factual record of anyone pointing out the fiction. Imagine that. Come to think of it, there is no record within the pages of Homer's ODDESEY where anyone says "Hold on there, readers. This is a fictional account of mythical events."

Perry, if you take a look in the mirror, you will see why we might come down hard on suggestions of using Jesus as a counselor. It's caused you to cease a proper examination of reality.

• Perry
    Perry
    Is this the same Jesus that's going to kill anyone who doesn't call on his name?

Simon,

That's absurd. That statement is not found in scripture.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Maybe its matter of being mentally inundated with too much fiction (ancient mythology) as opposed to rational absorption of non-fictional reality that makes people unstable ?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Perry, your comments are not appropriate on this thread. I realize that Jesus works for you....but the OP was an inquiry about "exit therapists". As much as you believe that Jesus is a therapist...he isn't.

If the title of this thread, or the OP, suggested that what was needed was religious advice, your religious advice would be welcome. They didn't. Their concern was genuine and your comments serve to derail an important topic. And, you know this. So I find your comments to be insensitive to the poster who started this thread and to the people who have responded sincerely

• Perry
    Perry

Jesus CHANGED world history. He is the greatest therapist/miracle worker who ever lived. And, he gives his services for FREE.

Every nation on earth counts time by this mans birth.

His enemies give testimony of his miracles:

Then gathered the chief priests and the Pharisees a council, and said, What do we? for this man doeth many miracles. - John 11: 47

Historians grant him this:

Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of ... Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judaea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome - Tacitus

The "most mischievious superstition" was an obvious unspeakable reference to Jesus stunning resurrection from death on a Roman crucifixion. How else do you explain the peaceful transformation of weak scared fishermen, tax collectors and physicians into fearless martyrs and the rapid spread of Christianity if not for the resurrection?

And the eye witnesses sure believed it too:

14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you. 15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses. Acts 3

And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written.- John 21: 25

The Koran mentions Jesus miracles, the Babylonian Talmud mentions Jesus miracles.

Jesus was one -of-a-kind. He is still in the healing, comforting, & conquering business. Jesus has helped many, many people overcome the swath of destruction caused by the Watchtower. I'm at 5:04 mins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhbwwe0nn1I

• Simon
    Simon
    That statement is not found in scripture.

It is.

"Anyone who calls on his name will be saved" ... so surely those that don't, won't. And given that he's going to be doing all that "smiting" then he's the dip-shit who plans on slaughtering innocent people, women, children, babies. etc...

He's a monster, and you are the monsters apologist.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

My boyfriend used Marlene Winell and there is a therapist who was a former JW , Bonnie Zieman. She wrote a book, Exiting the JW Cult, A Healing Handbook.

To understand why we (present and exDubs) all feel so messed up, take a look here (share with your therapist):

http://www.exitingthejwcult.com/p/if-you-are-going-to-see-mental-health.html

Bonnie is recently retired, and her book is a MUST-READ for recovery. (Should be read more than once.)

http://www.amazon.com/EXiting-JW-Cult-Handbook-Witnesses/dp/1508477132

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Simon - Can we get Perry's self-delusional off-topic comments deleted from this particular thread so that those with real issues can receive real help from people who's care is real?

• freddo
    freddo

Well maybe Jesus exists (or just existed) but religionists - including Constantine - chose what would be in the Bible and other "holy" books.

If someone goes the Jesus route then I recommend reading for yourself and not joining any other church until you've given yourself many years of time to think things through and decide what is important.

"Christianity" can be a useful stepping stone where you can use the Bible to deconstruct JW beliefs and later go on to say to yourself "I don't believe in God and if there is one then I don't believe he takes an interest in mankind or even cares." This means I die and cease to exist and I have to cope with that belief (like billions of others do!) but I can also say to myself "That's the worst case scenario and I may get an afterlife somewhere so that's a bonus.)

In the meantime "do unto others" is not a bad way to live whether it comes from Jesus or not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit