What Is The Position Of Witnesses For People Who Are Inactive And Don’t Want To Be Bothered By Anyone?

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Rub I get u

• jp1692
    jp1692

Interestingly, there have been a few similar threads in the last week or so asking more-or-less this same question.

I quit attending meetings seven and a half years ago. Since then I have only been contacted once by an elder; he wanted to have a “shepherding” call. I politely declined, but said I would appreciate if he would set up a meeting to help me reconcile with some JW family with whom I had been alienated by the religion when I was DF’d six years prior to that—I had been reinstated for two years at this point.

He said he couldn’t do that because they weren’t in his congregation. (Both congregations are less than a 10 minute drive from my house.) I replied, “That’s funny, because that’s exactly what the elders in their congregation said to me—they couldn’t help because I’m not in their congregation!”

So much for an “International Brotherhood”!

That was more than five years ago.

Let’s review: It’s a cult!

• newsheep
    newsheep

NVR2L8 I still see nothing in the message box. There was also a Russel Reed in Kitchener, On who was the coordinator for his hall. Tall skinny around seventy or older now. He was the one that stated at our pioneer class that the reason why we are there as pioneers is because the others that aren't there are not very spiritual. That was his opening line to his talk and it shook up a few of us. He was an arrogant ass!

The book that was given to us was written by a Russel Reed as well but not the same person. Sorry I didn't reply earlier but I did ask Simon to see if he could fix the problem.

• dozy
    dozy

I think the elders still are requested to contact all inactive ones in their area before Memorials. Whether they bother - I don't know. It depends on the bodies of elders - many are too busy / lazy to make much of an effort.

I left over 10 years ago - faded , not DFd - and I haven't been contacted by JWs since then , either door-to door or a "shepherding" request. The few JWs that I know still say hi if I see them around the town but the personnel in my old congregation has changed considerably since I left ( and reduced by about a third in attendance. )

I think probably the elders make a distinction , either consciously or sub-consciously between those who are "weak" ( those who perhaps still believe it is the truth & drift around on the very edge of the organisation ) and those who clearly have seen through the hypocrisy and have formally walked away.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Newsheep, we had a DO by the name of Russell Reed, so I was intrigued to know if it was the same person...I guess not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit