Governing Body busy with building projects...looking beyond the ''last days''

by RULES & REGULATIONS 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

A rendering of the future audio-visual production center with housing on 242 acres in western Ramapo planned by the Jehovah's Witnesses.

In addition to studio space, the planned Ramapo-Tuxedo complex would total 1.5 million square feet. The complex would include offices, 600 housing units in multiple-family buildings, underground parking, a fitness area, and a visitor center for the public.

Here is Anthony Morris in a JW Broadcasting February 2022, reading a (fake) letter from a ''concerned brother.'' This concerned brother ( fake brother, fake letter ) wants to know why the Governing Body are going ahead with the Ramapo project, while that have stated that, ''we are in the last of the last days. It may push Armageddon off a few years.''

Mr. Morris responds with,'' This was his sincere concern.'' He goes on to say about this fake brother, and others who have concern about this building project.'' He's only human.''

So, why are the Governing Body going forward with this huge building project? The Governing Body, ''are also looking beyond the ''last days.'' These projects may or perhaps, will carry over into the new world.'' These projects will benefit the living and the newly resurrected.

While the Watchtower Society preach doom and gloom, misery, manipulation, and lies, they continue large construction projects, because they know Armageddon will never arrive in anyone's lifetime!

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

One assumes that the Hi-Tech equipment in the studios etc won't ever break down and need replacing etc because are we not expecting most Hi-Tech firms and their allied businesses to be toast at this stage?

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

If a GB member takes "sincere concern" so seriously - and speaks openly about it - then it is obviously a "BIG PROBLEM". Why shouldn't brother "I simplify my life" also build himself a house so that he and some resurrected LATER can live in it? The "blind JW" probably die out slowly and the young "with open eyes" step in their place.

All in all --> good news

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    The "blind JW" probably die out slowly and the young "with open eyes" step in their place.

Members line up for the baptism ceremony at “God's Way Of Life”, the annual Jehovah’s Witness convention at Sydney Football Stadium in 1998.

Members line up for the baptism ceremony at “God's Way Of Life”, the annual Jehovah’s Witness convention at Sydney Football Stadium in 1998.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

The only "Last Days" are the last days the 8 members of the Governing Body have left before the die.

That brings up another point - at the same Annual Meeting, didn't Sam Herd speak about how all the "annointed" would have to die before Armageddon? Herd also stated that Witnesses shouldn't be afraid of that because Jehovah would not abandon them. That's code for the "Helpers" will replace the Governing Body.

That leads me to believe that is the Governing Body were to all die in around the same time that the Watchtower would be run 100% by "Other Sheep" and anyone still claiming to be of the annointed would be told they are not. That would have to come about.

I have to believe that one of the reasons for the doctrinal change that only the Governing Body are the "Faithful Slave" is because they do not want to risk other Witnesses who claim to be of the annointed to try and take the reigns. My father was disfellowshipped back in 1992. He was not told why, but I found out from a friend who attended a party in which one of the elders on my father's committee was present. That elder blurted out, "We just had to disfellowship someone for apostasy." No one else was disfellowshipped at the time so it narrows down the who.

At my father's judicial committee he was asked, "As a brother who claims to be of the annointed, do you also claim to be part of the Faithful and Discreet Slave class?" My father answered, "Yes." Keep in mind that this was 1992. The official stance of the Watchtower was just that even though Witnesses tended not to think so.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I believe this is related to both Herd and Morris' talks at the Annual Meeting.

• hoser
    hoser

I’m building a new house and it’s going to be a mansion. When asked by the elders why I’m taking on such a project so close to Armageddon I said I know the end is just around the corner but I’m building this house for use after Armageddon.

See, that reasoning works for me as well. It’s that easy.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

so if god is going to bring about armageddon soon--isnt it likely he will have a plan already in place ? Or maybe this film studio is part of the plan.

• btlc
    btlc

In 1990ies we all expected big A because of "generation" (1914+80=1994). Yet, GB already started project in Patterson, knowing that "generation" thing is bulls...t, and the big A will never come. Same thing now, current GB knows they teaching bulls...t, they building multimedial studio which is pointless without technology support of this "wicked satan's world", knowing the big A will never come, especialy during their lifes. Nothing new, since Beth Sarim...

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

WATCHTOWER BIBLE TRACT SOCIETY : 2015 value of all assets : 14 billion 121 million 217 thousand dollars

Notice line H - Investment activities

• Dagney
    Dagney

One of the first XJW I met locally here made a comment I never forgot and repeat as needed.

"Watchtower is a corporation. The goal of a corporation is to remain in existence."

Adding to that, as I thought about every single change in "the organization," they were all to protect the corporation.

Decisions are not made for spiritual reason, or to help the spirituality of the faithful. IMO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit