Governing Body busy with building projects...looking beyond the ''last days''

by RULES & REGULATIONS 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Dear young JWs: Now is the time to go to college and earn a degree in engineering, software engineering, and Information Technologies. The end may be near, but you can use you education both now and after Armageddon. Just ask Tony Morris. Rampapo will need you both not AND after Armageddon.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I think that line C is actually showing 1,451,217,000. Was this after they had sold off all/most of the Brooklyn properties? That's quite a nest egg. And since they're a 501(c) corporation, they enjoy some tax breaks as well.

I'm curious how they're doing now. They have been asking the membership to dig deep into its collective pockets for "donations to the worldwide preaching work." And they also launched an ambitious development project, because after god wipes out 99.99% of the human population, there will be lots of extra bandwidth for video downloads! I wonder why the holy spirit wouldn't guide them so that they make the right investment picks and never have to beg for donations again...

• hoser
    hoser

I’m wondering if after 99.99% of the population is executed if there will be enough people to keep the power stations open

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

They've literally been using that "we'll use this building in the new system" line for decades.

• carla
    carla

"I’m wondering if after 99.99% of the population is executed if there will be enough people to keep the power stations open"- is that after they help jah & the birds clean up our sorry butts? you mean someone will have to stop playing with their pet tigers and panda bears and go to work for awhile? is that really a paradise then? is it still a 9-5 sort of deal?

First the jw's have to clean up dead bodies for what? about 1000 yrs or something then they get our nice now empty homes along with exotic pets and they have to go back to work on top of it? hmm, no thanks, don't even get a good steak dinner out of the deal.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I remember when the "higher ups" said that, "There will be no vestige of Satan's world left after Armageddon."

So I wonder exactly how they figure that the gas, electricity, sewer systems, water systems, internet, telephone, cell phones, and so on will function? Are those not part of Satan's world?

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    I think that line C is actually showing 1,451,217,000. Was this after they had sold off all/most of the Brooklyn properties?

You are correct TonusOH! That should of read : 1 billion, 451 million, 217 thousand.

https://scientologymoneyproject.com/2018/11/15/the-watchtower-bible-tract-society-1-45-billion-in-assets/

The massive increase of $776,095,300 in Watchtower wealth between 2013 and 2015 is accounted for by the sales of extremely valuable Watchtower real estate in New York. The sprawling Watchtower facility located at 25-30 Columbia Heights in Brooklyn sold for a whopping $340 million in cash in 2016.

The Watchtower sold its six building facility in DUMBO for $375 million. The 2017 sale of the Watchtower’s eleven story building located at 107 Columbia Heights fetched $87.5 million dollars.

Other blockbuster Watchtower real estate sales:

• 21 Clark Street sold for $200 million
      • 97 Columbia Heights in Brooklyn Heights sold for $58 million
      • 117-125 Columbia Heights sold for $18 million
      • 69 Adams Street in Dumbo sold for $65 million
  • Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Watchtower is rebranding itself for a new patch of suckers to waste their time and screw over their lives as the current generation of Jw's die off or fade out they are loosing that tax free money for their own agenda.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    Watchtower is rebranding itself for a new patch of suckers to waste their time and screw over their lives as the current generation of Jw's die off or fade out they are loosing that tax free money for their own agenda.

A New Construction Project Is Being Planned | Video

This video announced that Jehovah’s Witnesses plan to consolidate media production into a new facility to be constructed in Ramapo, New York. The property is located approximately two miles (3 km) from world headquarters in Warwick, New York. The goal is to begin construction in 2022 and complete it by December 2026. During the peak of construction, the project will require an estimated 1,500 volunteers per day.

A rendering of the new Bethel facility to be constructed in Ramapo, New York. The design includes studio space, offices, residences, and a visitor center

• Mum
    Mum

In the early '70's, shortly before 1975 (the big day was supposed to come), Watchtower was expanding its New York facilities. They purchased the Squibb Building, raising a red flag in the eyes of many. No excuses were offered except that it was "Jehovah's will." There's big money in real estate, apparently even after Armageddon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit