CO's talk on loyalty

by Rattigan350 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

The Circuit Overseer this week on Tuesday gave a talk on loyalty to Jehovah. I listed 5 points. I only remember 3.

One was the typical association with disfellowshipped relatives, the next was loyalty to friends over Jehovah by not reporting wrongdoing to elders.

That one that I am highlighting here was when spoke of loyalty to marriage mates. He spoke of when couples had children the children splits the attention of the couple, which is true and unavoidable. He also spoke of couples going on vacations with other couples. The men would do things like going golfing and the women would go shopping which isn't good for the couples. Which he is right.

But I was thinking that maybe his motive for discouraging couples vacationing together is to discouraging couples from sharing each other with the other couples and I don't mean men golfing and women shopping. He just wouldn't want to say that there may have been reports of mates sharing each other.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

If WT was not having a problem with loyalty, they would not be giving a talk on loyalty. WT is worried, as they should be. Karma is on their tail!

Thanks for the update.

• sir82
    sir82

Pfft. Loyalty.

The WTS will throw anyone and everyone under the bus to preserve their own assets / reputation, and they demand loyalty from their adherents?

LOLZ. Lotsa luck with that one.

• Moster
    Moster

Loyalty to the ORG - not to God.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    The men would do things like going golfing and the women would go shopping which isn't good for the couples. Which he is right.

No, it's not. If at all, the amount of JWs who can actually afford a vacation is minimal. When you consider the type of vacation that they would choose, typically visiting the local congregation and winding up preaching with them, I don's think that anyone would even consider going shopping or golfing. Seriously? How many JW golfers do you know? If at all, there are very few. And how many JWs do you know that can have shopping as a hobby (not that shopping as a hobby is a good thing, anyway, but still)? So why are they talking about activities that at best apply to a very, very small group of their people, if at all?

But I was thinking that maybe his motive for discouraging couples vacationing together is to discouraging couples from sharing each other with the other couples and I don't mean men golfing and women shopping. He just wouldn't want to say that there may have been reports of mates sharing each other.

That sounds more like it. This kind of filth is what a lot of Christian religions love spreading. They have to be told that because apparently that's the only thing to do in this planet when you go on vacation. Apparently, to them, vacation has this magical effect that makes you forget that you're a well trained Christian with good values and morals, and chose to live according to certain values and standards of living.

• sir82
    sir82

Seriously? How many JW golfers do you know?

LOL. You obviously ain't from around here.

Other congregations judge those who are to be nominated as elders by their field service hours.

Here, they do it by your (golf) handicap.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I knew many elders and a couple of COs that were avid golfers.

I also heard quite a few stories when I was attending MTS and from fellow elders who sat on JCs for couples that were wife swapping, orgies, and swingers. Instant DF. lol

None of this surprises me.

Snakes

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

BTW, I met one JW who was an MS in Jacksonville, FL (actually Ponte Verde Beach) who was a PGA golfer, also designed courses. Bet WTBTS liked his donations.... Mark McCumber, nice fella.

Snakes

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Golfing ???

In the last English congregation I was in, two of the local golf courses had special "Clergy" pricing for annual memberships. Ridiculously cheap, like $100 /year at one and $125 /year at the other.

Elders qualified and one of the courses allowed MS's also. The only caveat was that to get the prices, you had to tee off after noon at one and after 2PM at the other. But is was unlimited play for the year. Some got memberships in both.

I can tell you, the courses were filled with JW's on holidays, Saturday afternoons, and often Sunday afternoons.

Rub a Dub

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

From 1971 -1987 my time as a JW, I can only recall one JW that played golf and he worked in sales...I have heard that one of my nephews plays, an elder...He told my son , if he come back (JW) he would love to play a round with him..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit