What Did You HATE Most About Being a Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    I think having to explain why I didn't celebrate birthdays was one of the worst!

Exactly!!! I never used the 'because the only two birthdays in the bible something bad happened' excuse... I thought that was the lamest reasoning. I would just say something stupid like 'it has pagan origins'. Of course I didn't have a problem wearing a wedding ring.

Also, with regards to evolution, I hated the line of reasoning about a house and not assuming that it just appeared there without a designer. You know, there's a significant difference between a living organism and an inanimate object!

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

actually i did go year before last, but i waited till the last minute to get a costume, so instead of being something scary like i wanted, i had to be a 'sexy angel' because it was the only small adult costume left in the store halloween night..so i just bought it w/out trying it on...and when i went to get ready i got all dolled up and what not and then put on my costume...oh my GOD it was so freakin short i was so embarrassed!!! it seriously barely cleared my bum, and i had to go round holding the darn thing down the entire time i walked....i was SO mortified i cannot even tell you. i looked like i was shrink-wrapped in a pearly plasticky white NAPKIN.

but i did get lots of candy.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Tink,

Wow... got any pictures of that?

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

dr - oh i most certainly hope not! that MISERABLE little scrap of a costume! i was fully planning on plaing it off like i was a kid, i thought i could pull it off because i'm not terrible tall, but there's a coupla things that frock didnt even close to cover...totally blew my cover. plus i FROZE.

I'm going as a pirate this year :P

• minimus
    minimus

"It is very, very frustrating being a JW".............Truer words can not be said.

• starfish422
    starfish422

What did I hate *most*? Meeting someone I knew from school, in the field service. Grrrrr.

Second was having to stand outside my classroom in the hall during the national anthem and lord's prayer. And having teachers who didn't know me (particularly in high school) walk by and give me hell for not being in my homeform during those times. Of course, what the hell were they doing out wandering in the halls when you're supposed to be standing at attention?? LOL

• minimus
    minimus

You had to leave during the reciting of the Lord's Prayer??? Wow! I'll bet Jesus used to be mortified.

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

The fact that no matter how much I serve WTS Jehovah I would never be able to have satisfying sex or a meaningful relationship.

monk3y

• minimus
    minimus

So are you saying that you can't have satisfying sex or have a meaningful relationship while still being a Witness?

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

no not if your gay minimus

monk3y

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit