Help - I'm going to be conducting the watchtower study

by Saltheart Foamfollower 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

It looks like I'm going to have to take the watchtower study for a while so I thought I'd seek help.

I wont be outing myself or stating anything too controversial, but so far I have come up with the following tactics : 1) Ask questions which will get people thinking even if it is about something insignificant - developing a questioning mind is the key to discovering TTAT as far as I am concerned. 2) Highlight any extreme points so that some might realise they are extreme. 3) Highlight any good points - helping others in need for example - just because it is the right thing to do.

If anyone has any general comments which could help, please post them here. If anyone has specific questions I could ask in a particular watchtower, please don't post them (too easy to trace) but do pm me.

SF

• BlackWolf
    BlackWolf

I think that sounds like a good idea, as long as you don't make it too obvious. They will chew you out on anything they can. Getting people to use their brains for once will definitely help.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I thought they did away with asking questions outside of the ones provided a decade ago. At least that's what my father (who was the conductor at the time) told me at least - he was disappointed in how rigid it got and didn't enjoy conducting anymore.

• BlackWolf
    BlackWolf

My dad is the watchtower study conductor at my hall and he asks questions besides the ones in the paragraph. I think if you ask extra questions they just have to be relevant to what the paragraph is about.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

try asking the question for the next paragraph--see if anyone notices

• New day
    New day

I used to take the study until about two years ago. I couldn't do it now even if I was still an elder as there are too many things I don't agree with. Sorry l can't help. I don't know how you can do it. Kudos to you if you can.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Your appointment to conduct the Watchtower study is obviously by means of the Holy Spirit........

but getting people to think sounds right.

Try leaving a question which will be answered ambivalently in the individual's mind, perhaps highlight an absurd scripture such as Isaiah 45;7 "I make peace, I create evil, I am Jehovah who doeth these things". ASV. Something to keep them thinking afterwards to start them asking the right sort of probing questions.

See if you can reduce the congregation membership by half within three months!

• New day
    New day

By the way, why do you have to take the wt study? Please do not think I am being difficult or unsympathetic but when I was doing accounts in my cong and I wanted to stop doing it I just kept on saying no until they believed me. The same thing happened when I resigned as an elder. I just kept saying, 'I can't do this' (family issues) until they believed me and let me resign.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I've read your previous posts. You have been mentally out for 16 years while been an elder and now been asked to be a wt conductor. I was just a publisher and I thought I could do what you are doing. It took me 6-18 months of knowing TTATT before I physically walked out of the hall for good. With all the mental turmoil going on in your head I'm surprised you havnt had a mental break down. How do you do it?

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Only advice you need is - GET OUT FAST. FInd a way to step down dude!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit