Jehovah’s Witnesses President Robert Ciranko dies of coronavirus

by Balaamsass2 17 Replies latest social current

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

FYI. This showed up on my google feed. I couldn't find an earlier story in the search box. I never met him at Bethel back in the day. Did anyone know him personally? Any feedback from the rank and file? The President of The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, Robert Ciranko, has died of Covid-19 in New York, the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses has announced.

The President of The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, Robert Ciranko, has died of Covid-19 in New York, the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses has announced.

Twelve other persons who had contact with Ciranko have been quarantined, tested and are awaiting results.

Robert Ciranko, 73, who was the president of Jehovah’s Witnesses from 2014 took the coronavirus test after been hospitalized for pneumonia. “He died due to complications of pneumonia, an underlying health condition”, a statement to the organization’s branch offices said. https://nycinews.com/jehovahs-witnesses-president/?fbclid=IwAR1JJ6i7S7LyPJIl7k-Ebk4j7TgUKBstu-6qwJvSSRr8Zaprg-Pztl1s1Tc&doing_wp_cron=1590376218.3550829887390136718750

• the girl next door
  • smiddy3
    smiddy3

This has been posted here before and Simon blocked the site as it is as tgnd states, FAKE news.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

It looks like a verified news source with a date and cause of death to me. The position and job were correct. What source shows he is alive still?

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Not as easy to verify in NYC, as in most states. There are many reasons to keep OBITs out of the paper. Wills, estates, legal process...until one can get a handle on the estate and find a replacement officer. Hard to do during this shutdown, especially in NYC...most Courthouses are closed. Watchtower possibly has a multitude of financial reasons to delay, not to mention lots of elderly donors who this might shakeup. $50 and a good reason will get a cert. https://www.health.ny.gov/vital_records/death.htm

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

@Balaamsass2,

It's been a month, and there hasn't been one bit of confirmation from any other source, not even from the very effective JW rumor mill.

In addition the source site has hallmarks of being an unreliable source.

Nothing is impossible, but it's higly unlikely this is true.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think we need to be very careful with Posting such news, I know it is easy to be drawn in, and I don't blame anyone for falling for this sort of thing, it is cleverly done. Even Old Phizzy has been fooled a few times by similar things LOL.

The problem is that such things can give ammunition to the Orgs constant refrain about " Apostate Lies", and if we do not take care, they are partially right.

There may at some time in the future be a slew of this sort of thing, Posted by devout JW's, to fool us, and to give credence to the argument that we constantly lie. The thing is, the JW mindset is find one inaccuracy, and everything can be rejected, of course, in their Arch Hypocrisy they do not apply this to their own beloved Org !

We must all be very cautious with what we Post. We want to encourage JW's who come here for the first time to be able to feel they can trust this estimable Site.

• Listener
    Listener

Winston has a Youtube chanel called Watchtower Examination. He said he called the Watchtower and they told him this was not true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlV64mOYd5g

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Giving that this particular news article has been found to be fake news ,I would be very surprised if no JW`s in New York or New York state have contracted Covid-19 where some have died.

And this applies to Jehovah`s Witness HeadQuarters as well .After all their new residence is less than 60 miles from where they were in Brooklyn right ?

Covid-19 is not restricted by boundarys is it ,nor by what faith you profess.

Do you think the Governing Body of Jehovah`s Witnesses are incapable of lying ? being deceptive in matters that protect WT interests ?

Do you believe they would hold back from giving a truthful answer to someone who they believed didn`t deserve to hear the truth ?

In Jehovah`s Witness speak : How do they define "Theocratic Warfare " isnt it justified deception ? on there part ?

Have Jehovah`s Witnesses been guilty of lying and/or being deceptive in the past ? Yes / No ?

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Reports of my death are greatly exaggerated - Mark Twain

Seriously though, the WT has stated (according to my wife, who is on all the zoom meetings, etc) that over 800 JWs have died from COVID-19 complications.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit