Are We Living In The Last Days?

by Vanderhoven7 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The last days spoken about in the bible is just fictional mythology.

Tell your JWS friend that if you were to use these signs as the WTS/JWorg does to signify " the last days ", the middle ages had more of these specific occurrences including pandemic plagues than whats happening in these modren times.

Of course you would have to somewhat educated in human history to know that but JWS basically are not .

The WTS has been prodigiously artful in exploiting people's fears and ignorance, one might say that's their bread and butter. It is to no surprise that they would exploit this new public virus problem.

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Gaslighting is a form of psychological manipulation in which a person or a group covertly sows seeds of doubt in a targeted individual, making them question their own memory, perception, or judgment, often evoking in them cognitive dissonance and other changes such as low self-esteem.

It classic gaslighting by a narcissistic organisation

• Ding
    Ding

I might reply, "What are you going to tell me when this virus runs its course and the end hasn't come?"

Or perhaps, "What are you talking about? The end came in 1975 just as Brother Fred Franz told us it would."

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

If there is no need to reply immediately, send your reply on April 9, 2021. The reply could be as simple as, "You were saying...?"

Make sure to include the original note in your reply.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

I hope I live at least 5 more years, so I can point back to Stephen Lett and laugh at his last of last day talk. Of course I thought "this generation" would be their downfall too. Never saw overlapping coming.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Vanderhoven7,

Yes I guess step 1 is to make them questions the leadership authoritae

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Well if one day equals 1000 years, we might still have 100 years to go.

I would text back.

Yes, I think we are living in the last days! In fact I think we are living in the last days of the last days, the very end of the last days the final few seconds of the final part of the very lasts days.....as in this is it!

However if I'm wrong about this and I have been many times.....I will deny we ever had this conversation.

• Ding
    Ding

I love 1234's answer!

If you want to give a serious reply, you might say, "That list probably describes all of human history. Maybe the point was simply to remind us to look forward to something better, not to get us speculating about dates. So far, everyone's predictions of the end have been wrong, including those of the Watchtower."

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Yes, good one 1234. I like the serious approach you use too Ding.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit