Are We Living In The Last Days?

by Vanderhoven7 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi All,

Just received this note out of the blue from a PIMI JW. How would you respond?

Hi Vander,

Hope you are doing well during this CoronaVirus pandemic.

Don't these crazy times remind you of the Bible's prophetic words:

• War on a large scale.?—Matthew 24:7; Revelation 6:4.

• Famine.?—Matthew 24:7; Revelation 6:?5, 6.

• Great earthquakes.?—Luke 21:11.

• Pestilences, or epidemics of “terrible diseases.”?—Luke 21:11,Contemporary English Version.

• Increase of crime.?—Matthew 24:12.

• Ruining of the earth by mankind.?—Revelation 11:18.

• Deterioration of people’s attitudes, as shown by many who are “unthankful, disloyal, . . . not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride.”?—2 Timothy 3:?1-4.

• Breakdown of the family, with people who have “no natural affection” and children who are “disobedient to parents.”?—2 Timothy 3:?2, 3.

• Love of God growing cold in most people.?—Matthew 24:12.

• Noteworthy displays of religious hypocrisy.?—2 Timothy 3:5.

• Increased understanding of Bible prophecies, including those related to the last days.?—Daniel 12:4.

• Global preaching of the good news of the Kingdom.?—Matthew 24:14.

• Widespread apathy and even ridicule toward the evidence of the approaching end.?—Matthew 24:37-?39; 2 Peter 3:?3, 4.

• The simultaneous fulfillment of all these prophecies, not just a few or even most of them.?—Matthew 24:33.

Are we living in “the last days? Re: msg 2

• menrov
    menrov

I'd like to say that from the first day one is born, that person lives in his final days. Why, every day the person lives, that person comes close this his/her end. On average these last days last some 75 years.

My answer to the above: if the bible verses that are used for the "last day" prophesy were written say between AD 35 and AD 100, what would all the people who read these verses during say AD35 and AD 1900 have thought? Also that they were in the last days? If so, their hope was idle as the world is still around.

Then I would say: if I would join your organisation out of fear of being destroyed, would my choice be out of love or fear? Should people choose to worship a god out of fear or out of love? If the latter, it does not matter in which period we live, as the choice will be made out of love. So, therefore, your doomsday message will only attract people who will have fear, fear to be destroyed.

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Just typed last days in JW.org the oldest ref w67 page 197-198

In fact in this year 1967 we are actually living in the final part of that time! This can be compared to, not just the last day of a week, but, rather, the last part of that last day.

Maybe use what the org has said in their literature in the past.

• minimus
    minimus

2001 after the planes went down, the exact same drivel was being said. This is cyclical.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

First Off :

War on a large scale.?—Matthew 24:7; Revelation 6:4.

Which war is he referring to that is ongoing at this present time? None that I hear of! Do you?

So the first so called prophecy is just not being fulfilled! I do not want to go into the others unless he comes with proof for the first!

Ask him not to just quote scriptures but give evidence through sources in news, or online mags or something.

Zing

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Last days of the coronavirus I hope!

Global preaching of the good news of the Kingdom.?—Matthew 24:14.

What global preaching when they have stopped everything meetings n field circus?

Oh Yeah I get it the stupid letter writing I suppose where it is equal to junk mail one receives through the post and it goes straight into the bin!

Zing

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    The simultaneous fulfillment of all these prophecies, not just a few or even most of them.?—Matthew 24:33.

Are all these being really fulflled simultaneously??? Evidence and sources please apart from the Bable!

Zing

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Hi Vanderhoven7,

One Bible believing response would be that Jesus said all the things described in Matthew 24:34 would happen within his generation. They were living in "the end of all things" 1 Peter 4:7. Indeed the Bible uses a lot of symbolism like in Acts 2:16-21 and we have no way of knowing when this world as we know it will end. The Kingdom of God has been here among the believers ever since Jesus was here as man Luke 17:21 and we look forward to a time when God is all in all 1 Corinthians 15:28 ☺️

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

You can of course also compare to previous times like the days of Luther with pandemics and Turks just like today. He thought he was living in the last days. Or how about 1918 with WW1 and spanish flu.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

You could pick literally any period of history where all of those points could apply.

The black death was worse than anything we have now.

WWII killed more than any war going on now.

Times are better now than they were in times past. I'd ask which period of history he'd rather live in?

And also, since when have JWs preached the gospel of Jesus? When they call they talk about armageddon or the org - not Jesus ransom sacrifice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit