Why is Trump so effective???

by Coded Logic 74 Replies latest social current

• pbrow
    pbrow

I am not sure how this thread is even being read by various people.... you know, with this crazy president we have who has access to the nuclear codes and will set them off all willy nilly. Frankly, I am surprised that the entire media has not been shut down yet. In fact, shouldn't we all be living under the after affect of a nuclear holocaust by now?

When you shout "the sky is falling" for the better part of the last two years, it just gets tiring to hear anymore. Your duly elected government reps are doing everything they can to thwart him... hell, even my duly elected reps are trying to thwart him.

pbrow

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The US has a system of checks and balances ...

For now, but this system is steadily losing its effectiveness - I gotta be honest, I don't understand this comment.

You say the "system is steadily losing its effectiveness" - this suggests that this has been happening over a period of some time but Trump has only been in power a couple of months. Do you believe the US system started steadily losing its effectiveness under Obama and Dubya?

Confusingly, you also claim that the US has a system of checks and balances that remain in place "for now".

The only thing I can get from your comment is that you accept the US has a system of checks and balances that remains currently in place, but you fear that Trump will, at some future time, erode that system.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    When you shout "the sky is falling" for the better part of the last two years, it just gets tiring to hear anymore.

a-effing-men

• minimus
    minimus

Hi Sylvia!!!

• minimus
    minimus

Follow the law and the constitution and things should play out properly.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Coded Logic - "Why is Trump so effective?"

Throw enough shit at the wall, eventually something'll stick.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I was quoting part of what you stated, LUHE.

I submit that President Trump has little regard for the checks and balances of the three branches of government.

Hi, Minimus.

Sylvia

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

snowbird - "I submit that President Trump has little regard for the checks and balances of the three branches of government."

Hell, he probably thinks they're somehow budget-related, and would wonder who the f**k these "other two branches" were... :smirk:

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL.

Sylvia

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Anyone who understands Trump's personality will realize that people like him will erode our system of checks and balances if given the chance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit