The next time I see the cart babysitters

by Sour Grapes 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

The next time I see the JDubs standing or sitting by their carts sipping their coffee lattes or updating their Facebook pages, I am going to approach them with the following thought process acting as an interested person.

Do JW's believe the end is near?

Do you consider your preaching work to be urgent?

Why do you just let people walk by if their very lives are at stake? Shouldn't run up to them and tell them of God's plans to destroy the world? Wouldn't that be the loving thing to do?

Are you counting time just standing here watching the world pass by?

Sour Grapes

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Those are very good questions.

Can also ask if Jesus did "Cart Witnessing".

Mighty Jesus could have printed far more colorful brochures and magazines with his immense Power and displayed them in a fancy cart, while watching passersby and chatting with his Field service buddy

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

(Matthew 24:14) "And this good news of the Kingdom JW.Borg website will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come."

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    I am going to approach them with the following thought process acting as an interested person.

Have fun. I, on the other hand, remember how it felt when people did that to me. It never changed anything when I was a JW. That means that out of respect for other people's faith, I wouldn't bother them.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

It certainly appears that worldly people don't give a rats ass about the JDubs and their cart sitting. We exdubs are the ones that care the most about the Watchtower's Companies activity. I guess the reasons for this is because they stole our childhood, took away a higher education, isolated us from our nonJdub relatives, and gave us false hopes and dreams.

SG

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

While I know what you mean, they are braced for such questions.

"We are here to be used by Jehovah as tools when He draws "deserving ones to His undeserved kindness."

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

"Tools" indeed!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Cartsitters are J-duds. Useless for any kind of discussion let alone intelligent discussion about their beliefs. The whole cart thing is just one of the ways the borg can claim they do "volunteer" work.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

On The Way Out is spot on. They always have an answer. It doesn't need to make sense, it just needs to be an answer.

If Jehovah is drawing them in, can't he draw them to the kingdom hall or on the JW site? Might as well stay home.

That being said, my Dad is a JW and I prefer to know he is drinking coffee, taking it easy, rather than going house to house and risk slipping in some ill maintained snow filled stair way.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

or

why not stand there with them--engage passers by--show the dubs how to witness to others ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit