The next time I see the cart babysitters

by Sour Grapes 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Magnum
    Magnum
    Why do you just let people walk by if their very lives are at stake? Shouldn't run up to them and tell them of God's plans to destroy the world? Wouldn't that be the loving thing to do?

Excellent questions.

It seems that if JWs are right about the imminence of the end of "this system", their preaching work would get more and more urgent, but the opposite is true; it gets weaker and wimpier

If they're right about the end they proclaim and having the one and only message of salvation, then they are going to have major blood on their hands..

• Simon
    Simon

"We believe that the end is going to be any day now and billions of people will die, and we have a message that will save them ... so we dedicate an hour a week at most, visit their homes in the day when they are most likely out and knock on the doors as gently as possible so as not to disturb them"

• Done
    Done

This is the first winter i can truly say i enjoyed something about. Havent seen the carts set up anywhere in a few months.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

I was at a shopping mall yesterday and as I was driving by a fabric store, I saw a group of witnesses siting about 15' from the entrance. 1 sister, 3 brothers. All bundled up and freezing in the late afternoon windy rain. They had a cart on one side of them and one on the other side. With hands tucked under their arms, they joked and laughed.

No one was remotely interested. I guess you could say that the world at large was shunning them. People hurried by like they were a homeless contingent. What a waste of time.

• mikeypants
    mikeypants

Waste of time to ask a jw anything.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

I like how the cart sitters will work in shifts. It is like a job...get our one hour of service then let's go get some coffee. We can leave a tract on the table and keep our time punched in.

• alanv
    alanv

I really dont know what a JW could say if we asked them the question 'If they end is so close, why do you just sit there saying nothing no anyone. How is that preaching?'

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I saw my first cart sitters today. It made my stomach turn, yuck! I was coming out of the local library and they were sitting off to the side, the side my car was parked on, I'm glad I had the presence of mind to not look at them. I drove right past and made it a point to not look again.

The weird thing is as I was pulling out of the parking lot onto the street I noticed (for the first time) the KH was right across from the library! I never noticed it before. It's off of a side street and sorta hidden. I've been seeing their tracts for the memorial in various places and I always make it a point to throw them away, save some poor soul from investigating it.

I'm glad I live in a place where no one knows me, I haven't had to think about all the JW stuff for a long time which is really nice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit