Encouragement for new members

by hooberus 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• onacruse
    onacruse

Brad, thank you.

Craig

PS to add:

I extend my welcome, along with hooberus, to all who share the Christian faith.

• hooberus
    hooberus

My purpose for this thread was to make it known to those new here that there are those here who do accept the Biblical worldview. It was intended to provide a positive help for those who still accept the Bible. I think that many new members here need to see that there are those on this who have faith in God and the Bible. Many theads here are negative in nature and may seem discouraging for those just coming out. I wanted to say that there is someone to go to (Jesus). Many times witnesses sseen to have "no where else to go" after the WT. My little disclaimer was intended on sidestepping a lenghty debate about the Bible, existence of God etc,. Of course those who wish to discuss these subjects are free to, but my post was primarily to convey that there are biblical alternatives for new members who seek a personal relationship with God.

• mizpah
    mizpah

Hooberus:

I think most of us understood your purpose. But it's too easy to get sidetracked on these subjects. But Christianity will be around a long time in the future after its critics are long dead. It has withstood the tests from within and without for two millennia. Right now it is often beseiged by the "higher critics." Many of these come from within. But it gives us the opportunity to "keep testing to see whether you are in the faith." Christianity is still alive and well.

• lawrence
    lawrence

mizpah- Yes! Because of the WTS many have had their faith shipwrecked, and as Paul stated that the "faith" will be spoken of abusively, "because of YOU people." Sometimes, it takes a long journey to realize that the WTS sidetracked us and cut us out of the Divine Family. Yet, to all those who have no belief, all I can do is pray for you, as well as the Witnesses, for you are in the same boat - devoid of the Love of Christ, in darkness, and deep-down needing the Love of the Master. One poster said he can't wait to see the decimation of Christianity, he will see the decimation of Christendom (whom I include the WTS within). I once begged God for this too! Thankful, I had a chance to meet the Shepherd, who has NO organization, no church, no catechism, and no Governing Body. Why- Jesus, "knew the hearts of men, for they were wicked." Let us love one another.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Hoob-

It was intended to provide a positive help for those who still accept the Bible.

It's too bad that your scope stopped there. I would NEVER start a thread encouraging athiests only. I welcome ALL people, including Christians.

• hooberus
    hooberus
    It's too bad that your scope stopped there. I would NEVER start a thread encouraging athiests only. I welcome ALL people, including Christians.

You have started at least one thread directed at atheists though:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/54277/1.ashx

I too "welcome" all people here including atheists. My thread here, was as your above thread directed at certain specific people. Just because I directed a thread encouraging new members who believe in the Bible does not mean that I do not "welcome" others.

• gumby
    gumby

Well.....I can sympathize with brad and Mispah. It's easy to do what their doing and I had copied mizpah's statements and was ready to drop the boom until gadjet reminded me to stick with hooberus original purpose so I will try to do that .....but no promises.

I think it's good to definately look at both side of the picture......whether the bible and god are for real or not.

I think hooberus is a blessing to this board to believers who need someone with a good knowledge of scripture, and ability to deal with what the skeptics say. He tries to be honest as far as I've seen.

For the newbies......welcome from me too!

Gumby

• logansrun
    logansrun

I don't see hooberus make very good arguments on much of anything. Basically all he does is spout the typical fundamentalist cry (which is SO similar to that of the JWs) and copy lengthy articles from "answers in Genesis" ministries ad nauseum. I don't see anything scholarly or openminded about him.

Bradley

• Panda
    Panda

Dearest ALL, My goodness do we really want to send our postings only to Like minded folk? My opinion is that since you are unable to prove or even theorize the exisitence of god, well just let that feel good warmth be enough. And here's a bit of greek geekishness:

All frogs die. Jesus died; therefore Jesus was a frog.

"Our day will come old friend, just not today."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit