Encouragement for new members

by hooberus 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mizpah
    mizpah

Logansrun:

Nor did you answer my question. But I think Little Witch and Jgnat are probably right. Hooberus started this thead as an appeal to Christians with only a footnote for non-believers. But the thread got sidetracked into another discussion completely. Perhaps it would be wiser for you to start one of your own and see if there are interested responses. I apologize, Hooberus, for contributing to this diversion.

• Maverick
    Maverick

This is a good topic. I must admit, because of the lies and total crap the Watchtower has fed me for the last twenty plus years, I have just set the whole issue of God and Jesus and the Bible aside until I sort it all out! Unlike the duds, I respect everyones right to find what works for them. I do believe in a great and powerful being. The great artist. Much beyond that I just don't know anymore. I do feel if you wanted to poison the minds of honest hearted people you could hardly do a more efficient job than the WatchTower Society has done! I hate them with a special hate I reserve for the most evil and wicked! And I am not done with them yet! This web site is a great place to heal and rub shoulders with all kinds of people. The ones that rub me the wrong way are the best. They make me think, and look past my oun comfort zone. Maverick

• logansrun
    logansrun

Mizpah,

I did answer your question. There is nothing unique about the "loving" aspect of Christianity that you mentioned. I heartily agree to it. So there.

Now, answer mine.

Bradley

As for "sidetracking" the thread...riiight, like this thread was really going places before that . Hooberus and the other Bible-thumpers jump into other threads related to evolution all the time. If someone wants a fluffy discussion about how great Jesus is, by all means, comment!

• onacruse
    onacruse

hooberus did say that he was directing this thread "respectfully to those who do consider the bible to be scripture."

Of course, this is an open db, so such a "disclaimer" is not binding. But it would be a sign of mutual respect to recognize hoob's request.

Craig

• logansrun
    logansrun

onacruse,

I must respectfully disagree with you. What difference would it make to respond on this thread if you are not Christian? Anyone who sincerely wants to read "hooberus's" comments may do so. What harm is done by dissenting? Oh, unless someone wants to keep their mind closed. I simply don't understand why anone should be prevented from responding to any thread. Can you give me a valid reason?

Bradley

• mizpah
    mizpah

Logansrun:

If you wish to pursue this discussion on another thread, I will be glad to respond. But I have to agree with "onacruse" that out of mutual respect for Hooberus this should not be the one.

Hooberus:

If nothing else I think this thread shows how damaging the Watchtower Society has been in "shipwrecking" the faith of many individuals. When some abandon the Watchtower they also abandon Christ. Evidently, they never did built up a personal relationship with God and Christ. It's sad...but very true. One can only hope and pray that after the anger and bitterness subsides they will return to Christ.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Brad, certainly no one has been, or will be, prevented from answering to this thread.

As for a valid reason to choose not to respond, I said "it would be a sign of mutual respect to recognize hoob's request." For many people, that would be a valid reason.

However, there is no "should or should not" here, simply mho. It's up to you.

Craig

• logansrun
    logansrun

Mizpah,

I think you are filibustering. You either don't have a good response or are afraid of the consequenses.

onacruse,

I don't see hooberus or anyone else substantially adding to this thread. It will die unless for questions like I pose.

B

• onacruse
    onacruse

Brad, I appreciate your passion, and your comments on this db have certainly got me to thinking about many things! For that I thank you.

However, please consider that we have been asked not to post "off-topic." Now, that happens all the time and usually it's not a problem...but as far as this thread is concerned, I ask you to reconsider your position.

Respects,

Craig

• logansrun
    logansrun

onacruse,

no, No, NO! I will not quit until all vestiges of Christianity have been obliterated!

hehe, okay....I'll stop on this thread. But let it be known that mizpah did not address my questions. hwa hahahaha.

Bradley (now, watch this thread die)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit