No Watchtower shipment

by LevelThePlayingField 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

It was announced at our CLAM that there "was no shipment of the October study editions of the Watchtower" and that they were asking if people could just use electronic or make their own copies.

Is this just happening in Ohio, or did you hear the same thing?

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Wow... that is very intetesting.

• stillin
    stillin

Things keep getting easier for the Literature Servant.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

One of my early aha moments was when our magazines and the our kingdom ministry failed to reach us in time for the meeting in Spain. No wars or natural disasters, no crocodile infested water to wade thru. Our all powerful God failed to feed us at the proper time. Hmmm

• careful
    careful

I have to wonder if this "oversight" was planned, a testing of the waters, to see if the blowback is minimal enough to institute this copying as policy. It would result in a savings in printing costs.

If this suspicion is true, then the GB is in a bit of a quandary: the congs are full of old people. More old people than young people will want printed copies. Are the congs ready to transition fully from hard copies to electronic ones, and are those who want hard copies willing to print their own? They seem to be taxing yet again the very ones who support them the most financially with still another expense.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Hmmm yep could be trial balloon

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

I wonder what the market for second hand printing presses is like in these times?

Probably as sought after as steam loco's in the 1950's

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

It happened a few times that I can recall at our hall over the years.

DONT MAKE A BIG DEAL ABOUT THIS.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

It's probably nothing. I deal with hundreds of UPS shipments a week and even they screw up a delivery 5% of the time.

Although... you'd think they'd have their own couriers delivering for free wouldnt you?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The writing is on the wall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit