"Exodus:Why Americans are leaving Religion-and Why They'er Unlikely to come back.

by James Mixon 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DJS
    DJS

@Looter: ". . been around as long as I have . .". But you're a mere teen, who has just learned ttatt and afraid to tell your dad lest he kick you out.

Poor Little Looter.

• looter
    looter

When I said I've been around as long as I have I meant that since I'm only 18 and what I've seen so far in my life. I just don't think others have really looked at things in the country the way I have but that doesn't mean that you guys are inferior, it just means that you guys need to look harder to find the truth that America is filled with just too many atheists and I don't mean to be a fool when I'm saying this but the truth is that everyone really needs to consider amping up their own faith for us as a country to go on making it like we used to because at any moment now this country, and I do mean this entire country, can fail because of this. Remember that I'm just trying to help and I'm not trying to be a pain in the butt but everyone seems to make it seem that way but they don't realize what I'm saying has a lot of truth to it and I don't intend on trying to hide the truth.

• DJS
    DJS

Yall stay off Looters lawn. There, there Looter.

We don't want you to get upset. You are still taking your high blood pressure meds, aren't you?

Go drink an Ensure. That always calms you. And Perry Mason re runs are on Channel 12! Your fave!

Oh, and the guv"ment really is coming after your life's savings.

All of it.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

looter: 18 years old,You have soooo much to learn...

• jeanniebeanzz
    jeanniebeanzz

Looter,

Not sure how to take these latest posts. Look, I'm certainly not 'looking down my nose' at you for being a bible believer, but nor should you dismiss an athiests many years of heartfelt study and prayer to come to their conclusions.

That's right, I prayed... a lot. I researched. I spent years in higher education. I studied everything; Bible, Quran, Talmud... Estern Religions, History, Science. I looked at archaeology and geologic sciences... it just didn't pan out to support any modern religious dogma.

Keep in mind, I WANTED to BELIEVE. What I found tho is that science just doesn't support it. You want respect for your belief in god, and that's fine. Just don't disrespect others belief in science and the geologic record by saying that we need to 'look harder'. We have been searching for decades and found no compelling argument.

Jean

• Wayward
    Wayward

looter, do some research. The Scandinavian countries are WAY more secular than the US. And just so you know, the highest population in American prisons are Christians. Atheists don't even make up 1% of the American prison population.

Even if I were to change my mind and decide there was a god again, I still wouldn't go back to an organized religion. Too much hate mongering. Too much misogyny. Too many demands for my money. Mere men telling me how I should live my life and dictating every move I make. No thanks!

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

When I said I've been around as long as I have I meant that since I'm only 18 and what I've seen so far in my life. I just don't think others have really looked at things in the country the way I have but that doesn't mean that you guys are inferior, it just means that you guys need to look harder to find the truth that America is filled with just too many atheists and I don't mean to be a fool when I'm saying this but the truth is that everyone really needs to consider amping up their own faith for us as a country to go on making it like we used to because at any moment now this country, and I do mean this entire country, can fail because of this

Oh grow up.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

OH James, i can believe it! what ever happened to live and let live!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit