Do Circuit Overseers outrank Elders? Why can't they talk to disfellowshipped people?

by garyneal 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Not even elders are allowed speak to (make small talk with) DFed persons.

Only elders who are authorized by the whole body of elders may speak to DFed persons once a year to see if they want to return (to their vomit).

And for those DFed who visit meetings, elders aren't allowed to talk to them unless it's necessary for their reinstatement or if the person needs to have some arrangement for transport to meetings.

So the CO just did as he and other elders are supposed to do: no make small talk with DFed people.

By quickly stopping to speak to the DFed, the CO also gave a strong signal to elders: Follow the rules! Shun! I listened to this minor thing you brought to my attention, and in reciprocation you should obey my every word!

Him coming back to say 'sorry, wont talk to you no mo' is probably his last shred of human decency combined with the desire to let the DFed know they are being punished because they're DFed. He prefers to be a shunning asshole over being mistaken for an asshole who forgets about a conversation and doesn't return to it.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

To sum everything up...circuit overseers are assholes!🤣

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

wt 15 4/15 p. 31 - "For the sake of reminding disfellowshipped ones of how they can return to Jehovah, elders may periodically visit those who have given some evidence of changing their ways."

J.W. friends/relatives would be punished for doing likewise. Some of "God's" laws don't apply to elders.

Read Animal Farm, JW's - "All men are equal, but some are more equal than others."

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    wt 15 4/15 p. 31 - "For the sake of reminding disfellowshipped ones of how they can return to Jehovah, elders may periodically visit those who have given some evidence of changing their ways."

Yes. The elders manual clearly states that this should be done following these rules:

• Only once a year
    • List of persons to visit will be decided on by the body of elders
    • Two elders will be authorized to visit the DFed.

Of course these details aren't stated in the WT lest regular Joe Publisher find out how legalistic this 'loving' arrangement actually is.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Him coming back to say 'sorry, wont talk to you no mo' is probably his last shred of human decency combined with the desire to let the DFed know they are being punished because they're DFed. He prefers to be a shunning asshole over being mistaken for an asshole who forgets about a conversation and doesn't return to it.

I agree.

Why go back to someone simply to tell them they're not going to talk to them? It's TO MAKE A POINT. "Look at me! I'm shunning you! I wouldn't have treated you with decency just earlier if i'd known!"

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

CO is "royalty" and won't lower himself to speak with unworthy DF peasant...

• oppostate
    oppostate

The CO needs his millstone round da neck and go for a swim!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

When the CO comes to town, it is pretty much like when the 'Royal visit' happens.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit