236 Words On Scrabble Are Being Removed So That Some People Do Not Get Offended

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The scrabble players association is the decision maker. Personally, I hate that even these people are affected by those that are always offended by some thing.

If it’s a legitimate word and it’s in their acceptable dictionary it should be accepted without prejudice.

• minimus
    minimus

Niggardly is a word I believe Words With Friends refuses to accept.

• minimus
    minimus

there are 236 words that are on their list. Do you think you might come up with words that might make the list??

• wolverines
    wolverines

Unless they remove a word from the dictionary they can not remove a word.

• under the radar
    under the radar

I will never be a slave to the overseers of political correctness. I shall shuffle over to my master bedroom and peruse the whitelist of approved words. I don't want to be blacklisted for using banned words. Also, I don't personally know Tom Lynch, but I think he should change his last name because of the implied association with systemic racism in the past.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    • Rub a DubI just hope they don't ban wetback since you can use all seven tiles

Surely only Sissies would be aware of that word?(I meant Aussies😂😂😂do you know autocorrect turns "Aussies" into "Sissies"....maybe another word that will be banned?)

• minimus
    minimus

Sissies is a seldom used word. When I was a kid it referred to a male that acted kind of gay but back in the day being gay was something very very rare....or so we thought

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

I suddenly have an urge to play Scrabble just to use "naughty" words. The world is losing it's collective mind.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

It only affects official tournaments.

The rest of us that play for fun will do whatever we want, of course.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

but back in the day being gay was something very very rare....or so we thought

Min ...

Reminds me of that old song that we sang as kids ... "It's always fun when grandpa comes (cums?) when grandpa comes we're gay ...."

Things take on a different meaning today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit