Do you feel comfortable being an apostate?

by Chook 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I am not part of them, I don't follow their rules, I don't use their terminology, I have nothing to do with who they are, what they teach, nor do I care to follow anything they say or do. Therefore, I can't care less about the term apostate.

I am comfortable with myself and my life, for what I care, the WT can kiss my ass.

• waton
    waton

I am very comfortable where I stand, my stasis, apo- = apart. how could I stand at the doors with these false doctrines, abusive rulers and be comfortable with my conscious? I sleep well, anytime.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Yes!

I was so trapped in the mental prison of Watchtower Corporation's self serving doctrinal bull shit that my life was the shits revolving around WT themes of fanatical genocidial Deity that will kill you if you doubt or disobey him.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Yes, very much.

By coincidence I noted this yesterday, when in a restaurant with my 2 year old daughter, JW wife and in-laws.
    Daughter started 'singing' Jehovah Jehovah Jehovah or whatever (thanks MIL and your effing JW videos!). I didn't care at all. When still a JW I'd be glowing red and ashamed, but not now :-)

Same with the mandatory silent prayer of the others at my table: I didn't care at all, whereas when I was a JW I'd be trying to hide behind the candles on the table :-D

I have nothing to be ashamed of. The JW on the other hand....

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Freedom is Lovely! Very, very Lovely!

In due time all of those dedicated Jdubs who are mind-slaves to WTBorg Inc. will have their eyes opened in order to see the Real Truth. Of that I am certain.

There will be much gnashing of teeth.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Do you feel comfortable being an apostate?

I won`t let a group of useless WBT$ GB Bums, who live off of JW Donations, label me.

A Public Notice to the WBT$ GB:

You`re Not Special, You`re Bums.

You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourselves.

WatchTower GB Bums, Bums, Bums, Bums, Bums

Image result for Watchtower governing body

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

My ex-family and other disgruntled JWs use it as an attempt to shame me, but I correct them with:

"Actually, im a heretic. Even if God does exist I think he's a genocidal, mass murdering, slavery condoning c*nt."

They don't came back for seconds.

• John Free
    John Free

When I first left and came on this site I felt disturbed to be referred to as 'a fellow apostate', this was obviously due to Washtowel conditioning. Now tbh it's like a badge of honour.

• mrmagic
    mrmagic

I'm comfortable being me. I don't carry the label "apostate", but also don't really care if someone calls me that. Actively speaking out about the injustices within the organization feels right and good to me. It is part of my personality and I also speak out against other things and do other forms of activism, not just xjw activism.

Having said that, I'm never really comfortable, as I'm continually pushing myself and stepping outside of my comfort zone on a weekly basis in some form or fashion. I can't stand being stagnant, day in and day out, like I was with the JW's. So now, I'm comfortably out of my comfort zone. If that makes sense :)

• stuckinarut2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit