New San Francisco Chronicle Article on JW Child Abuse, July 31/03 - Huge!

by hawkaw 33 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

It's so refreshing to read the truth coming to light! Thanks for the post.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Ahhh ... the good society men.

So sad eh! But at least you and your better half did the right thing.

If Mr. Polidoro actually took off the rose coloured glasses and actually had the guts to look at the definition of a "high control group", I believe the Law Firm of Norris and Love would become Norris, Love and Polidoro.

hawk

• Swan
    Swan
    Polidoro said he was insulted by Hall's ministry and Bowen's allegations.

"We are a well-established religion that has been in this country for a century," he said. "It's somewhat offensive when someone uses the word 'cult' to describe your religion."

So he's offended by the word "cult," but shouldn't he be more offended by "child abuse?"

I think the average reader could care less about the semantics of the word cult when they read that children were molested and then the church condems one of the children for engaging in homosexual acts! They just don't have a f***ing clue about how this sounds to the public, do they?

Great article! Thanks for sharing.

Tammy

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Yeah - I always enjoy watching someone's optics SUCK bigtime.

hawk

• Zoewrex
    Zoewrex

Swan - So he's offended by the word "cult," but shouldn't he be more offended by "child abuse?"

That's what I saw too! Visit Smiley Central!

OMG!

Great story and I had the lay person vs clergy question too. I really hope they don't get off on a tecnicality in stating their 'members' are not ordained etc... HEY should I remind my step-mom she really isn't minstering?! ANYHOW I'm finding that it's convienent to use the laws of man when it's in 'your (JW)' favor....

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

So the circulation is around 456,000 - 457,000 (http://www.naa.org/info/facts00/14.html ).

Readship I think if memory serves is time 3 so thats somewhere around 1.35 million people reading this paper.

hmm .... now there was this story plus the previous AP story in this paper earlier this week. I wonder how the JWs are going to peddle all those WT magazines in "the bay area" over the next little while.

hawk

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

hehehehe Hawk!!!

Isn't it great when a reporter quotes bad form exactly as it is stated! You gotta love it!

• logansrun
    logansrun
    "It's somewhat offensive when someone uses the word 'cult' to describe your religion."

Perhaps other Christians feel the same way when you call their church part of "Satans organization" and part of the "harlot, Babylon the Great." Just perhaps we who have left your religion are offended by describing us as "wicked" and "spiritually weak." Just perhaps...what d'ya think? Somewhat?

Bradley

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Well stated logansrun.

BTTT

• shamus
    shamus
    So he's offended by the word "cult," but shouldn't he be more offended by "child abuse?"

It's just sickening, isn't it? How the hell can someone be so unkind to people who are hurting so much. If I was a witness spokesperson, I would talk non-stop on how horrible child abuse is, and how there is no tolerance in any religion for them... just like they said about the Roman Catholics.

Too bad that we're talking about witnesses, though, and they don't give a flying poop about anyones feelings but their own.

Anyone who reads this news story and feels anger b/c of their own molestation, I want you to know that we all support you 100%. This only exposes them as a sick minded cult that has nowhere to go but down!

To think that they believe that they are god's only true followers..... BLASPHEMY!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit