The New terroists That The World have To Confront What is the Answer ?

by smiddy 50 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

It's not policing "thoughts", it's membership of a terrorist organization which is an act. That should be policeable. We just need to change the definitions of threat - do we need the person to be carrying the bomb to the school or is it enough that they are buying pieces to make a bomb? How about it's joining a group that teaches how to make bombs and expressing the desire to use them. Execution - gets my vote.

At the very least, after one of these actions we could bulldoze the mosque they attended. Right now they really have zero to lose because they put zero value on life. But they value the HQ where they recruit and plan. And anyone in this country from elsewhere? Send them back, no endless legal nonsense for get-rich milk-the-system lawyers. Boot them out and boot them out fast.

• bohm
    bohm

Simon: Then I might have misunderstood you. I obviously think that membership of a terror organization and plans to carry out acts of terrorism should remain punishable, I was just curious how the suggestion to execute family members of a terrorist who are "fanatics" would be carried out in practice. You are thinking about a psychological assessment?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I often wonder what would happen if the worlds media would agree to stop reporting protests, bombings and similar events, on all media. It seems to me these folks are trying to make a statement and get attention and that's exactly what they get, worldwide coverage within seconds, every time they pull one of these stunts.

The trouble is, sensational news and graphic video draw the eye of the public toward the products being advertised between each story. Money always wins out in the end.

• Simon
    Simon
    You are thinking about a psychological assessment?

I think more than waving a piece of bacon in front of them while pointing a gun ...

But we need to be looking at the associates and family and whether they have radical links and beliefs and we need to DO something, not just "know" it.

I often wonder what would happen if the worlds media would agree to stop reporting protests, bombings and similar events, on all media.

I agree. I think the media is a huge part of the issue. In WWII there was a big propaganda war but now, we'd play the Nazi propaganda endlessly for them.

What really worries me is the escalation. When these attacks stop making the news worldwide are they going to go for more "shock" and the media is part of this.

A school full of kids? A maternity ward full of babies?

At some point we have to start making a call to decide whether their lives and the risk of killing someone who maybe wasn't going to follow through on threats is worth the lives of so many innocents and the ultimate number who would be killed in all out war or breakout of large scale violence due to events.

I don't think their lives are really much concern. If you hang around with terrorists and you end up dead, oh dear, too bad, so sad. Maybe people would learn that it's not glamorous and that making poor choices will have direct consequences.

Will it make things worse? I don't think so. It's not like these people are otherwise peaceful or have legitimate reason to become jihadists.

I have no ethical problem with first strikes. I don't believe we have to hit a certain body count to justify stronger action, I think we've passed that point.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

This latest attack in Manchester U.K. targeting a venue attended by mainly children and teenagers who go to a concert by their favorite singer and then to be attacked by a terroist has to be the last straw... Surely ?

22 dead at last count mainly young girls enjoying a concert of their favourite singer ? and at least 50 others suffering injuries ?

And that lame vulgar pig that we have for a president said that he was going to get rid of ISIS in 30 days, that he had this masterful plan that he couldn't talk about. Today his formidable plan was just revealed. He called them losers in a tweet. Brilliant! The world is safe now!

My deepest condolences to the innocent people who died in that attack.

Interesting that none of those Trump butt licking worshipers are saying anything about it.

• Simon
    Simon

Yeah, well Clinton would have denied it was anything to do with Islam / ISIS and Obama refused to even say the words, at least Trump is saying some of the right things.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Geezus Simon talk about KooooolAid. Your hatred blinds you.

So I read some of Cofty's post on mass migration etc. I got to thinking why? Why are people leaving their homes to migrate to the unknown? Obviously it must be economic. Other than escaping political oppression, which is also a cause, it is economic.

I believe the root of the problem is income inequality. The Arab Spring was about food. Scarcity and prices. Illegal immigration from XYZ is mostly about people looking for a better life economically. But once they get to said country that is most likely busting at the seams, because income inequality is relative, they become scape goats for those already suffering in the host country. So right off the bat, they are outsiders ripe for the picking of these extremist groups.

If we don't all get wise to the top echelons continuing to take from and manipulate the majority, this is only going to get worse.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Trump got in primarily because he called out Islam, IMO. Far to many politicians are spineless hacks who refuse to stand up and say it. It's a problem, it's messy and it requires urgent action.

The world is on the verge of a revolution, it's either that or risk being plunged back into the dark ages for centuries to come. Islam is a good start, but if you are eating bread and wine and believe it to be the body and blood of a dead man from 2000 years ago.... please, lets relentlessly mock this shit for what it is. Get rid of it all.

This irrational bullshit has no place in modern society....it's so effing stupid. Allah, flying unicorn bullshit.... I am sick of seeing it and hearing it.

• Simon
    Simon
    Geezus Simon talk about KooooolAid

Yes, it's made with liberal tears. Delicious!

I believe the root of the problem is income inequality.

Kind of. People want to shortcut to a better life instead of building one. It wouldn't be so bad if they wanted to work hard to achieve that, many do and immigrate legally. I have no problem with them, heck, I am an immigrant myself. Yes, apparently I missed getting the "white privilege card" and had to go through a long and expensive process. But then I abide by the law so I did.

The Arab Spring was about food. Scarcity and prices.

Not Islam? At all? Now it's super-market prices and coupons?

But once they get to said country that is most likely busting at the seams, because income inequality is relative, they become scape goats for those already suffering in the host country.

More because illegal immigration suppresses wages for native populations and legitimate immigrants.

So right off the bat, they are outsiders ripe for the picking of these extremist groups.

BS, they bring their shitty religion with them. There are some that are fleeing from it but fort reasons unknown, we don't welcome those people in. Maybe it has to do with the fact that we let Muslim groups pick who comes and they choose ... well, I have to say it?

If we don't all get wise to the top echelons continuing to take from and manipulate the majority, this is only going to get worse.

We need someone at the top willing to put their foot down on the people coming illegally and unvetted. Trump tried but the democratic will of the people was overruled by the authoritarianism of leftism judges overstepping their bounds.

Let's hope the US doesn't suffer more attacks, the dems may cease to exist after enabling it.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    Obviously you are not well informed. But anywhooo .............what is your excuse for the likes of Timothy McViegh and Anders Brievik? Where do they fit in this neat littte let's just ban muslims solution??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit