Inviting disfellowshipped to the memorial

by wannaexit 25 Replies latest jw friends

• brandnew
    brandnew

That would like mean ....like...talkin to us n stufffff..ya know....n stuffπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Mad Puppy

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Poztate wrote: The elders were instructed to contact all Da's Df'ed and Faders to invite them to Memorial

Well, then I guess it's official now...I'm a fader in the eyes of my cong. Good for them, even better for me

Last week an elder came to explain that the cong don't get it anymore (I'm close to six months of fading). Yesterday two elders stood at my door but I was on the toilet and my wife didn't want to invite them inside because of all our children being at home, not telling where I was I waited 'til they were gone and my wife showed me two invitations they gave us for the memorial...no way!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Inviting disfellowshipped to the memorial

...........This is Our Special Invitation...................................oh it`s you.....*GAG*

....To a Special Watchtower Celebration!....................Just Sit in The Back And Try..

...........TO TREAT YOU LIKE A LEPER..............................NOT TO BE NOTICED!..

Image result for JW>Org Broadcasting............Image result for snobby

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

If I was disfellowshipped, I would have a lot of fun with this. I can imagine the conversation:

- Why should I go?

- Jesus said: "Keep doing this".

- Who was he talking to? Me or the anointed?

- The anointed, but, by extension, the great crowd, us, you.

- So, you want to invite me, and the general public, to a memorial celebration to which I am not part of. It doesn't sound right.

Could you imagine verses in the bible that would explain how Jesus invited the public to a certain place, had them seated in a large room and asked them to wait patiently while he shared wine and bread with his 12 disciples, no one else? Then, how he went to a podium and explained to them that though they were not part of that ceremony, they were welcome to have witnessed it; They too, would benefit from that arrangement. Can you imagine how that would be written in the bible? How it would actually have happened? What would it say about Jesus' personality?

I'm puzzled by what you're doing with this. The Jewish Passover was a "sacred" meal shared with the family and close friends; Jesus made it his own by adding the wine and the bread at the very end. Why would that not be sufficient?

Why not keep it simple?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I'm not a glutton for punishment, kiss my rear. Oh I wish someone would invite me.

I guess you have DF ones and A hole Apostates, I will never receive invitation the word is out.

My family believe I'm the son of Beeizebub.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I just don't think this is anything new, inviting df'd ones to Memorial.
  • kairos
    kairos

If any DARE to come to my house and offer me an invitation...
    I will invite them right in, offer a coffee or something and start in on a full throttle TTATT presentation! Why the hell not?

I am DF'd for ADMITTED APOSTASY!!
    Come on over friends!

Any JW that comes to me at this point is already up to there neck in doubt and has no other outlet. I'm not holding my breath.

( this comment also fits the JW fantasy topic, I think )

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2
    I'm not disfellowshipped, but I have faded pretty decently. I really hope this doesn't get them thinking about contacting me. If they did, I am not sure it would go well.
  • BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind
    I'm not dissed, but I hope they don't come knocking. Not interested
  • Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

If my family or any others invite me, i'll tell them: "Don't worry, I will commemorate Jesus death but in my way. Do you really think I will go there and be stared at but shunned by anyone?"

Then I would open a good bottle of wine and think how happy I am that I left this organisation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit