Inviting disfellowshipped to the memorial

by wannaexit 25 Replies latest jw friends

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I read in a European ex jw forum that this year they are making a special effort to invite not only the inactive but also a special effort is made to invite all disfellowshipped.

I don't know if this as always been a common practice, or something started anew so they can boast about the numbers of attendees.

• Skedaddle
    Skedaddle
    They're scared of their figures going down! It's always about the org. Nothing else. My guess is a lot woke up this year and that would include the sympathetics who normally attend the annual memorial. I'm sure the new africans will make up the loss...
  • tiki
    tiki
    Are they going to rope off a section of seats so the rest of the attendees don't get sullied by their presence?
  • sieborg
    sieborg
    No Hell-der has been in touch with me, as yet. although my dad asked my wife to give me an invitation. Needless to say if any Hell-der from my old cong comes a calling with an invite they will get told to go forth and multiply.
  • Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

@Wanneexit,

Care to share what forum that was?

Not that I will ever even think about visiting other forums, that apostatize from our apostate ways.
    Noooo, because then Simon would disfellowship probably me here.

Oh wait....

j/k

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I think they say it but don't actually do it. No ones contacted me, the ones I've seen come that we're dfd or inactive came because family asked them to not the elders.
  • Landy
    Landy
    Always been the case - at least at my old cong 20 years ago - the elders used to try to contact them if possible.
  • Poztate
    Poztate

A letter was sent out to the BOE's almost two months ago. The elders were instructed to contact all Da's Df'ed and Faders to invite them to Memorial and also leave with them a copy of the Return to Jehovah magazine.

They naturally would still be shunned at the meeting if they take the Elders up on their "kind offer"

If the numbers go up at Memorial this year I am sure next year we will see much of the same.

• mercedes_29
    mercedes_29
    I was called by two elders from my old hall. I've been out since 2007 and this was the first time they've ever called me to invite me to the memorial.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Aright you filthy DFers, you can come to the Memorial but sit in the back and shut up, we'll be watching that you don't talk anyone, if you do your ass is grass.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit