This week's WT study article "Keep on the Watch" - the latest dumb article from the Gang That Couldn't Think Straight

by sir82 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Did he not also say:

Luke 21 v 8/9

“Look out that you are not misled, for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The due time is near.’ Do not go after them. 9) Furthermore, when you hear of wars and disturbances, do not be terrified. For these things must take place first, but the end will not occur immediately.”

• tornapart
    tornapart

I was told I wouldn't leave school before 'Armageddon' came.... now they are saying it about my grandchild.....

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Maybe the WTS "wants" the Apocalypse to come, but not just yet, and that's why they keep (officially) "expecting" it soon.

That way, they can keep the anticipation up, yet guarantee that it's held off until they're good and ready. :smirk:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

pale.emperor - ..."Started high school in 1996... graduated in 2011."

Dude.

You went to high school for fifteen f**king years???

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

BTW, I hereby "expect" Armageddon to start every day, from now until eternity.

There, I just guaranteed that it will never come.

You're welcome.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

The elders told me that the end was so close that I would not graduate from high school which I did in 1965. Now I am pushing 70 years of age and will join my mother and grandmother in the grave who thought that they too would not die.

I know who said the first lie in the Garden of Eden "you will not die," and I knew who continued the lie in the pages of the Watchtower.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Sour Grapes - Now I know why you picked that name...

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

LeaveThePlayingField,

Yes, I am sour grapes for having my childhood taken away from me. I hated being mocked and being made fun of for being one of those Jehova's in elementary school. Then to top it off was being talked out of taking a two year medical field education after high school because the end was so close and it will not be needed in Paradise.

I know that I was lied to and now the liers are starting all over again with the new ones. How stupid can people be. We only have one life to life and millions are now more than happy to let the Gibbering Booty tell them how to live, where to live, what to watch, what to wear, wear to go, what to drink, and of course what married couples can and can't do in thier bedroom.

Sour Grapes

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

The thing that bothers me the most concerning this topic is the following:

1. The last days commenced in 1914
    2. Armageddon didn't come immediately because people had to be warned and given a chance to get good with God before God destroyed the wicked
    3. 102 years have elapsed since Jesus' enthronement

What's the point in having a 102 year warning period? All the people who were reached by the Bible Students during the 1910s are now dead. That's especially true for the people who read the Watchtower back in the 1880s.

It seems to me that on its face the reasoning behind the 102 year gap logically falls apart. There is no reason for having a century long warning period.

Couldn't God have found a way to warn mankind, say in 10-15 years? Wasn't the early preaching work a waste of time given the fact that those people died before Armageddon? Isn't that like warning your next door neighbors that their house will burn down 100 years from now? Who cares?

• blondie
    blondie

This is a perfect example of the CYA method of the WTS. It can always point back at articles to prove they never said when the end would come just when it would not....

now.........................................................................................................eternity only one date in there is correct, all the others are wrong. So they are covered.

Also another speaks out of both sides of their mouth tactic.

Abraham was given a promise with no date.....a wait of 2,000 years...but then he did not have someone telling him it would be in his lifetime for 137 years plus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit