Still waiting ... since 1975 !

by Amazing 31 Replies latest jw friends

• wednesday
    wednesday

Would someone please explain what is "2004" in the WTS scheme of things? I don't read the mags andy longer and have only 3 jws friends and none of them have mentioned it.

weds

• Soledad
    Soledad

Destruction of Jerusalem foretold ... It's 66 AD... You are a Christian that knows what Jesus foretold about Jerusalem. The Romans suddenly withdraw. It's time to run.. oh wait there's no tribulation yet...67 AD You still don't see anything happening...68 AD Still nothing maybe these Christians are wrong...69 AD No sign of the end yet, these stupid Christians don't know what they talking about, look how stupid they look fleeing to the mountains!... 70 AD You're dead.
    interesting how you overlook the first foretold destruction of Jerusalem by the Babylonians. the WTS says it was in 607 BCE, but we all know better now don't we?

• jgnat
    jgnat

I learned a new word today. Paleoclimatology.

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

2 Peter 3:3,4... For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires and saying: "Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning."

"This would mean that anyone calling the end-times concepts of these sources into question is automatically classed among ungodly ones. Is this a fair and honest use of the text? Are the "ridiculers" described by the apostle Peter persons who firmly believe (as do we, the authors) that 'jehovah's day will indeed comes as a thief' and spell destruction to ungodly men and an evil system of things? Certainly not. As the context shows, the apostle rather describes persons who have utterly ceased to believe in the eventual--and certain--arrival of that day of divine judgement, 'persons who question that it will ever come'. "Sign of the Last Days" C.O . Jonsson-W. Herbst. "when the leaders of the Watch Tower movement for about 55 years (1876-1931) persistently taught that Christ had arrived invisiblly in 1874, were thay setting an example of'waiting upon Jehovah"? When they taught that the 'remnant ' of Christ's church would be changed (1 Thessalonians 4:17), first in 1878, then in 1881, then in 1914, then in 1915, then in 1918, and then again in 1925, did they 'wait upon Jehovah'? When they taught that the end of the present system of things would come in 1914, then in 1918-20, then in 1925, then about 1941-42, and then again about 1975, were they 'waiting upon Jenovah'? The Watch tower, Fevruary 1, 1916, p. 38; September 1, 1916 ,pp.264,265; July 1, 1920, p. 203. "The Gentile Times Reconsidered" C.O. Jonsson. "The kingdom of God is not coming with striking obsevableness..." Luke 17:20 NWT

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2
    since 26-Jan-03

53 y 8 m

2 Peter 3:3,4... For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires and saying: "Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning."

"This would mean that anyone calling the end-times concepts of these sources into question is automatically classed among ungodly ones. Is this a fair and honest use of the text? Are the "ridiculers" described by the apostle Peter persons who firmly believe (as do we, the authors) that 'jehovah's day will indeed comes as a thief' and spell destruction to ungodly men and an evil system of things? Certainly not. As the context shows, the apostle rather describes persons who have utterly ceased to believe in the eventual--and certain--arrival of that day of divine judgement, 'persons who question that it will ever come'. "Sign of the Last Days" C.O . Jonsson-W. Herbst. "when the leaders of the Watch Tower movement for about 55 years (1876-1931) persistently taught that Christ had arrived invisiblly in 1874, were thay setting an example of'waiting upon Jehovah"? When they taught that the 'remnant ' of Christ's church would be changed (1 Thessalonians 4:17), first in 1878, then in 1881, then in 1914, then in 1915, then in 1918, and then again in 1925, did they 'wait upon Jehovah'? When they taught that the end of the present system of things would come in 1914, then in 1918-20, then in 1925, then about 1941-42, and then again about 1975, were they 'waiting upon Jenovah'? The Watch tower, Fevruary 1, 1916, p. 38; September 1, 1916 ,pp.264,265; July 1, 1920, p. 203. "The Gentile Times Reconsidered" C.O. Jonsson. "The kingdom of God is not coming with striking obsevableness..." Luke 17:20 NWT

IP: x0AEXhKlHKYDcnnH

Page: [oldest] << 1 2 >> [newest]
    Action :: Jump to: :: New Topic :: Reply

Style: basic XP (IE Only) Compact

• berylblue
    berylblue
    1975 was a date I never put stock into. I thought it was going against scripture. I was never disappointed by the false prophecies and wrong dates because"no one knows the day or the hour".....Seems very simple to me. Anyone that uses Bible examples to show why we should believe in false dates needs to re-read the Bible.

Gotta agree with Mini. The failed prophecies never bothered me; I always thought,"Well, that's what you get for making them in the first place". However, I readily admit that not everyone feels this way, and that the constant promises of a New World soon to be have hurt those who did trust in them very deeply in many ways. Rosemarie

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney
    This thread started twelve years ago. It was only 28 years after 1975.

Now it is 40 years after 1975 and STILL NO ARMAGEDDON!
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It's coming , its coming !

Have you read the latest publication from the Watchtower Corporation.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I once thought that they would have dropped 1914 but now I realize that would sink the keystone to their doctrines and remove the aura of being a prophet. They did drop 1975 because it isn't necessary to their doomsday teachings. That's why they were forced to come up with this nonsense about overlapping generations.

I heard they even have dropped their idea that the creative 'days' were 7,000 years old which was the foundation of 1975 chronology. Now, 2 overlapping generations after 1975, most JWs haven't even been there to witness that fiasco. The generation that witnessed the 1975 debacle is getting older. Oops, that includes many of us.

• zeb
    zeb
    and its nearly half way through 2015!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit