Still waiting ... since 1975 !

by Amazing 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

What are we supposed to do SofJ, spend all our time warning others that the end is comming, the end is comming, like my grandparents, and parents did and then die and appear like fools. What does living in the end mean, how long is the time of the end, didn't it start in Jesus day? Didn't Jesus say he didn't even know when it was? Why give it any attention anyway, can we change anything if it comes today, tomorrow, next week, next year, next 100 years? Maybe we should be more concerned about our own natural death and enjoy the only life anyone knows that exist. Having our head stuck up some old men's asses in brooklyn I don't think will bring us closer to the creator.

Ken P.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

This essay deals with the age of the earth but it helps a little more especially for those still into the bible (caution I am not).

http://www.asa3.org/ASA/resources/Wiens.html#page 1

• minimus
    minimus

1975 was a date I never put stock into. I thought it was going against scripture. I was never disappointed by the false prophecies and wrong dates because"no one knows the day or the hour".....Seems very simple to me. Anyone that uses Bible examples to show why we should believe in false dates needs to re-read the Bible.

• Celia
    Celia

Ken - Undecided :

Maybe we should be more concerned about our own natural death and enjoy the only life anyone knows that exist. Having our head stuck up some old men's asses in brooklyn I don't think will bring us closer to the creator.

Well said. Like it a lot.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    when I was forcibly disassociated by WTS legal department ...

Curious, what happened ???

What do you want to bet that we will still be waiting in 2004? Any takers?

2004, I'll bet 3004 comes and goes with no Armageddon, just wish I could be around to see it. I have asked on many posts, how can the Watchtower keep it going for another 10,25,50,100 years, only if there is still suckers being born every minute.

And, what is this fascination ALL JW'S / WTS have with Armageddon, did we not learn from the early Egyptians, they built incredible buildings to prepare for the afterlife, and now in 2003 we dig them up and analyze their bodies and what they believed, well, in 3003 the archalogists will dig us up from the ground and examine us, and have a GREAT CHUCKLE at what the JW's believed, am I the only one who sees a resemblance.

As I have said before, we will find out God's plan the day after we pass on, no sense worrying about it, and stressing yourself and family about it now. Enjoy everyday you have and when it's over, it's over, have no regrets. If their is something after this world great, if not great. If their is a God and, God is love, we will ALL be there.

• waiting
    waiting

Everytime I scroll pass this thread - I think "No, he's not!" So I'm forced to reply to set this matter straight.

Still waiting ... since 1975 !

Oh, I don't think so. You're Amazing. I'm waiting.

What do you want to bet that we will still be waiting in 2004?

And there ain't gonna be no "we" will still be waiting. One's quite enough, thank you.

The Real Waiting

• TheItalian
    TheItalian

"Proverbs 1:22-33... "How long will YOU inexperienced ones keep loving inexperience, and [how long] must YOU ridiculers desire for yourselves outright ridicule, and [how long] will YOU stupid ones keep hating knowledge? "

I wonder how many different voices does SOJ hear and read from the very Bible he uses to apologize?

And to whom he thinks they are talking to?

Sky is falling, SOJ. Think of the penguin.

And: I am going to my Convention tomorrow, darlin', the only signs in the heavens hoping to see being some rainin this sultry town.

• Nicolas
    Nicolas

Noah receives instructions from Jehovah ...It's 2450 BCE. Noah set to work as a builder and "a preacher of righteousness," warning that wicked generation of impending destruction. Others listened and watched as Noah built the ark. They laughed and saw no signs of rain. Imagine you were there and the years passed... 2449 BCE, No Rain, ha ha, 2448 BCE, No Rain, ha ha, 2447 BCE No Rain, ha ha... down to 2371, would this be the year? No rain again, ha ha, Noah must be crazy with that stupid ark!... 2370 BCE, you're dead. Noah and his family survived.

Well, if Armageddon were to arrive tomorrow, it would be much better to die instead of living in a world where all the rules are made by the pseudo-god of the Watchtower. A world with the structures that we see in the Jehovah Witness today would be more like a hell than a paradise... So much hypocrisy, so much guilty that you have to feel,...

• wednesday
    wednesday

I read the scriptures SOJ provided and i admit i do not want to be on God's wrong side. . How do i reconcile this warring God with "God is love"?

Once while in service, i had a householder tell me that if WE (JWS), were the ones God chose to live in the new earth, he did not want to be there. I am a humble person, and am willing to follow God directions. I just don't believe God is speaking through the WTS. All i know to do is lead a decent life and try and help others and harm no one. I think feeding the poor is more important than peddling mags.

We should not live for a date. The WTS says that. I always knew it anyway. So if this system is going to end, how could i stop God anyhow? If he does not choose to save me, how can i make him? I do not scoff at those who believe the end is near, but i do not see where i need to change anything. I do not oppose God. I would not oppose jws if they did not hurt so many people with their version of the "truth".

And BTW, SOJ, i notice u captilized YOU many times. he that is standing , beware u may fall.I see no love in your message, it is hate filled.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Noah receives instructions from Jehovah ...It's 2450 BCE. Noah set to work as a builder and "a preacher of righteousness," warning that wicked generation of impending destruction. Others listened and watched as Noah built the ark. They laughed and saw no signs of rain. Imagine you were there and the years passed... 2449 BCE, No Rain, ha ha, 2448 BCE, No Rain, ha ha, 2447 BCE No Rain, ha ha... down to 2371, would this be the year? No rain again, ha ha, Noah must be crazy with that stupid ark!... 2370 BCE, you're dead. Noah and his family survived.

And where exactly did Noah get that funky backwards calendar????

Yes its almost 2004, and the END stubbornly refuses to arrive. Will the Watchtower make any comments when 2014 arrives? Or will they completely have abandoned any attempt at a coherent chronology-based doctrine? Oh, wait, they already have!!!

No Apologies(of the "loving the new smilies" class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit