Still waiting ... since 1975 !

by Amazing 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

What have I done with my life since 1975? Became a JW in the late 1960s ... looked forward to 1975 as early as 1968 ... so, out of a sense of duty and spirit inspired organizational hounding ... when 1974 arrived, I sold the house, sold the car, sold the wife and kids ... then moved to where the Great are Needed ... 1975 came and went ...

So did ... 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992 walk away from the organization ... 1993, 1994 then it was 80 years of a special mighty generation since 1914 ... finally, 20 years later it was 1995 when I was forcibly disassociated by WTS legal department ... 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 ... Yikes! No Y2K bugs anywhere, just like 1975 ...

Then ... 2001 ... 9/11 happened ... could this be it, the BIG A !!!??? ... still no Armageddon ... 2002 ... have major heart attack, almost die, could that be it? ... like dust to the wind? ... No, I must still wait ... Now it's 2003, I am still on JWD waiting for Armageddon ...

What do you want to bet that we will still be waiting in 2004? Any takers?

• donkey
    donkey

Amazing,

What did you do when the old man said pull my finger? What did you do when he said it for the 100th time after you had already pulled it for the other 99 times with the same result?

Same shit, different day huh?

Jack

• obiwan
    obiwan

I was kinda thinking along the same line. What will the wt tell people in another 50 years? I hope to still be alive to see.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

No waiting for me, onward Christian soldiers!

Guest 77

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

Noah receives instructions from Jehovah ...It's 2450 BCE. Noah set to work as a builder and "a preacher of righteousness," warning that wicked generation of impending destruction. Others listened and watched as Noah built the ark. They laughed and saw no signs of rain. Imagine you were there and the years passed... 2449 BCE, No Rain, ha ha, 2448 BCE, No Rain, ha ha, 2447 BCE No Rain, ha ha... down to 2371, would this be the year? No rain again, ha ha, Noah must be crazy with that stupid ark!... 2370 BCE, you're dead. Noah and his family survived.

Destruction of Jerusalem foretold ... It's 66 AD... You are a Christian that knows what Jesus foretold about Jerusalem. The Romans suddenly withdraw. It's time to run.. oh wait there's no tribulation yet...67 AD You still don't see anything happening...68 AD Still nothing maybe these Christians are wrong...69 AD No sign of the end yet, these stupid Christians don't know what they talking about, look how stupid they look fleeing to the mountains!... 70 AD You're dead.

Proverbs 1:22-33... "How long will YOU inexperienced ones keep loving inexperience, and [how long] must YOU ridiculers desire for yourselves outright ridicule, and [how long] will YOU stupid ones keep hating knowledge? Turn back at my reproof. Then to YOU I will cause my spirit to bubble forth; I will make my words known to YOU. Because I have called out but YOU keep refusing, I have stretched out my hand but there is no one paying attention, and YOU keep neglecting all my counsel, and my reproof YOU have not accepted, I also, for my part, shall laugh at YOUR own disaster, I shall mock when what YOU dread comes, when what YOU dread comes just like a storm, and YOUR own disaster gets here just like a storm wind, when distress and hard times come upon YOU. At that time they will keep calling me, but I shall not answer; they will keep looking for me, but they will not find me, for the reason that they hated knowledge, and the fear of Jehovah they did not choose. They did not consent to my counsel; they disrespected all my reproof. So they will eat from the fruitage of their way, and they will be glutted with their own counsels. For the renegading of the inexperienced ones is what will kill them, and the easygoingness of the stupid is what will destroy them. As for the one listening to me, he will reside in security and be undisturbed from dread of calamity."

2 Peter 3:3,4... For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires and saying: "Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning."

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Unfortunately factual independent scientific evidence - glaciers, bristlecone pines, clay varves etc. - confirms that there was no flood, just like the earth wasn't flat but actually a sphere, and just like leprosy was not something evil but a regular bacteriological disease that today is called Hansen's disease.

hawk

• obiwan
    obiwan

Just out of curiousity hawkaw, how far would they have to dig to confirm this? Where could I look to see this infromation...very interesting.

• blondie
    blondie

SOJ, you missed one important point.

Noah and Jesus did not name a date.

'What about the year 1975? What is it going to mean, dear friends?' asked Brother Franz. 'Does it mean that Armageddon is going to be finished, with Satan bound, by 1975? It could! It could! All things are possible with God. Does it mean that Babylon the Great is going to go down by 1975? It could.
    Watchtower 10/15/66 pg.631

Watchtower 1970 May 1 pp.271-7 An Ingathering Affecting All Mankind

5 Everyone would like to know how much longer the present system will continue and when God's purpose will be accomplished on earth in the same full way as in heaven. Jesus answered that "this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth . . . and then the end will come." Here in the Greek Bible text he used the word telos or "end" to distinguish what he meant from the syn·téleia or "conclusion" of the system of things, the harvest period, in which we now live. (Compare Matthew 24:3, 6, Diaglott.) How close we may exactly be to the end of the present divisive system of things cannot be predicted , as Jesus reported that even he did not know the day or the hour at the time of his earthly ministry. (Matt. 24:36) However, Bible chronology which indicates that Adam was created in the fall of the year 4026 B.C.E. would bring us down to the year 1975 C.E. as the date marking 6,000 years of human history with yet 1,000 years to come for Christ's Kingdom rule. So whatever the date for the end of this system, it is clear that the time left is reduced, with only approximately six years left until the end of 6,000 years of human history. (1 Cor. 7:29) This corroborates the understanding of Jesus' words that the generation alive in 1914 with the outbreak of World War I would not pass away until the end comes. Only a short time, then, remains for persons who love righteousness to show God that they want to be in his "ark" of protection and live to see the blessings of the new system of things.-Matt. 24:34-42

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Obi: here is an excellent article on dating ice cores. It pretty much destroys the Noah's ark fairy tale: http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/icecores.html

• obiwan
    obiwan

Thanks, very educational.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit