Yesterday's Watchtower Study (from October issue) "Stay Faithful Through the Gt. Tribulation"

by BluesBrother 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This article has all the trappings of WTS apocalyptic theology, doom and destruction for "the world" salvation into paradise for the faithful .A schedule of future events is described thus :

1) A worldwide proclamation of peace and security

2) The destruction of "Babylon the Great"......It confidently names the characters from this visionary Biblical reference, without any supporting reasons.

3)The nations will then , as Gog of Magog , attack the WTS and the members . A frightening thought for the article readers .... but they have been fortified by the timely District Assembly programmes of recent years . ( Remember the Bunker video?)

At some point all the Anointed will be taken up to Heaven, then the cavalry come to the faithful ones rescue. The armies of Jesus ride to slaughter the opposers and deliver the believers.

All this is wonderful stuff if you believe in it. But the article gives no reasons to believe, it just makes these bold statements. Notice par 8;

"Currently, we are preaching the good news of the Kingdom and we are endeavoring to make disciples. But at that time, we may well deliver a message as hard-hitting as hailstones. (Rev. 16:21) We may proclaim the impending doom of Satan’s world. In time, we will find out exactly what our message will be and how we will deliver it. Will we use the same methods we have used for over a hundred years to accomplish our ministry? Or will we use some other methods? We will have to wait and see. In any case, it seems that we will have the privilege of boldly proclaiming Jehovah’s judgment message"

Can we be blamed for not accepting a message so full of uncertainties?

Incidentally a quote in this article from old G B member George Gangas is noteworthy, he said,

“What kind of world will that be when everybody will be a brother or a sister! Soon you will have the privilege of living in the new system of things. You will live as long as Jehovah lives. We are going to live forever.” What a wonderful prospect that is"

NB. He died in 1994.....C'est la vie

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

BluesBrothers it's the same old, same old stuff they have been saying since I was a kid and I am 65 years old now. I like how there is a uncertainty on how they will get the message out. I think they are opening the door on using more videos and less talking. Becoming more of a televangelist organization. Thanks for sharing. Still Totally ADD

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow
    we may well deliver a message as hard-hitting as hailstones

Is that the message people will be getting at the CARTS parked in Malls, Boardwalks, National Parks, and Street Corners?

Will it be hard Hitting Posters on top of the literature shelf saying "the end is near" or "Is it later than you think"?

Is eliminating the "school" and anything that might resemble teaching people to speak on their own and not just show a video the way the will be giving this message?

Or does this mean, handing out tracts?

Will we use the same methods we have used for over a hundred years to accomplish our ministry?

Yes I remember Jesus standing outside the synagogue at a table with his scrolls waiting for someone to come up and ask a question.

WHAT UTTER BS.

• Half banana
    Half banana

I think it highly unlikely that the nations will declare "Peace and security". It's not the way the world works.

Secondly the change of method of preaching they are hinting at, for example no more door to door, would be a massive internal propaganda opportunity to convince the flock that the time has come ...so don't give up now. They will use it when they are demonstrably failing.

Thirdly people who proclaim the imminent end of the world have always been seen as nutters. Who wants to look like an idiot?

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

By the way - wouldn't that really be great it the Nations - on their own - without the help of an evil god who seems to only like to KILL people - achieved World Peace?

Nope - thats gods signal to show that - see they cant do it without me - so I must now HORRIBLE and Viciously murder 7.5 Billion people so as to have peace and security on earth.

I cant believe I fucking believe this shit for my whole live:(

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

But they can't say: "We may pay out shed loads of cash in 2020 for child abuse cases".

Because there is no "may" about it.

• carla
    carla

Contrast that message to the message most churches are doing this time of year- peace, goodwill to all, be generous with those less fortunate than yourself, volunteer, hope, importance of family, be joyful and so forth.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Again trying to scare the hell out of the faithful with their wacky interpretations of 'babylon the great',the '10 horns', and of course the ever popular "wild beast". I really liked the part of how the current 'governing body' will be "called" to heaven leaving the lesser earthly guys to get the jw's organized during the scary "great tribulation".

You gotta love the recalling of the RC's and how they prepared jw's for the future scary sh*t that's going to happen sooooooooooooooooooooooooon!

just saying!

'

• sir82
    sir82

They keep harping on about "the destruction of Babylon the Great, the destruction of false religion".

I've never figured out - how does one "destroy" a religion?

People have believed some really bizarro $#!+ for thousands and thousands of years, often in the face of intense persecution and even martyrdom - most of those, from the JW viewpoint, "false" religions.

How exactly is a "coalition of nations" going to "destroy" all of the world's religions simultaneously?

What, exactly, are these "nations" going to do? In detail? Who precisely will do exactly what to specifically whom?

The longer you think about it (well, any amount of time beyond 10 seconds) the more utterly, preposterously absurd it all becomes.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

we may well deliver a message as hard-hitting as hailstones. (Rev. 16:21) We may proclaim the impending doom of Satan’s world.

They are not confident enough to use the word "will" are they.

So their not to sure about it themselves ,like when Joseph Rutherford first proclaimed "Millions Now Living Will Never Die " and then revised it to "Millions now Living May Never Die " and of course they all died .

And haven`t they already said Babylon The Great has Already Fallen ?

And during the 1980`s the United Nations already declared one year as the "International Year Of Peace And Security" guess what ? instant destruction didnt follow.

Which corner is the Great Tribulation around ,and which corner is Armageddon around so I can dodge those corners.?

I look at myself in the mirror and just shake my head saying I can`t believe you were so stupid enough to belong to this religion for 32 years .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit