Are the Jehovah's Witnesses really false prophets, perhaps being mentally manipulated by the Watchtower Corporation ? ?

by Finkelstein 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

This sounds all very feasible. But which individuals have the money?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

The false prophets are the numerous charlatans running the WTBTS corporations. The 8 million minions are merely parroting what they've been told is "truth", unless of course they're trolley-watchers.

Many J.W.'s are unaware/unsure what the "current" truth is regarding some of their doctrines, due to the constant "new lights".

IMO the org is dying a death by 1000 cuts - thanks mainly to the internet/social media. The genie is out of the bottle and Brooklyn knows it, hence the massive money-grab from every congregation's bank accounts, culminating in the WTBTS's "Master Plan" (TM) to maximise auditorium capacity in Kingdom Halls by consolidating congregations and selling off Kingdom Halls wholesale.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

The Watchtower Corp/FDS/GB is undoubtably a false prophet. The evidence is overwhelming. They have stated 1./that they are the source of reliable info from god.

2./That information has spectacularly been proved wrong on multiple occasions.

They claim then to be prophets and are false.

I would say that in the last few years the publishing business has been in sharp decline starting when literature contributions started to be voluntary. This was in response to discredited telly evangelists.

The swing in full tilt is to be a real estate business. The focus and effort has swung from the sale of literature door to door to the sale of buildings on a massive scale and the construction of new ones for the portfolio.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

For well over a century this organization has been proclaiming that mankind is living in the last days of this system of things and that Christ has taken position on his heavenly throne 1874 , 1914 since these dates mankind is supposed be living in the last days of this old system of things as written in the bible.

The question that could be presented were these set doctrines really devised to enhance the proliferation of the WTS own printed works, but not necessarily backed by bible scripture or in fact going against bible scripture pertaining to false prophesying ?

I think that Russel may have been sincere in his belief in these end time prophecies. JWs weren't the first group to become fascinated by dates and Russel was influenced by other adventist groups. Of course Russel was also a businessman and invested his life savings into religious publishing. Being bold and going against the accepted theology seemed to be his selling point. I think as time has gone by the leaders have become less sincere although they still hold onto some dates like 607 and 1914. They know that these were false and mistakes but JWs have built their theology around them so they hold onto them. 1925 and 1975 were probably used to motivate growth in the org, the leaders knowing full well that there was nothing special about those dates.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One could say the JWS grew out of theological idiocy, which still nevertheless was marketable to an open minded and ignorant public.

Proclaiming things like Christ has returned and a new system of things is close at hand, had its alluring appeal.

Judgement day was soon to come as well , so one should closely stick to god's chosen earthly organization to learn how to be in appeasement to god.

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

Peely - I too feel exactly the same way, now. It seems quite evident that the WTBS has gone off the "rails". It has been hijacked by an evil slave, and they are running it now.

I think there were some GB members who were sincere, and were maybe ousted like Henschel was. It is clear, though, that now, the GB is fully being controlled by Satan.

Satan does not come with horns and pitchfork. He comes in suit, and tie, with pinky rings. They claim to be speaking truths, but are only spewing blasphemy.

Peely - I really appreciate those scriptures you posted above. Its nice to see it clearly. Those scriptures are going to be very useful, as I will have them shown to a few JW's that are starting to see what we see. Using actual scriptures like those, and under the context of what we are speaking about, is a great way to "wake" up some still in the Org, but who are questioning things.

If we come at them with a bunch of words and theories, it may be lost on them, but if we show them using their own bible, it will have a greater effect. Thank you, I can guarantee those scriptures will be used to great advantage.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Good information and comments people.

The biggest corrupt doctrine the WTS ever made has to do with proclaiming Christ's return or positioning himself on a his heavenly throne in 1874 then 1914. this doctrines was the core doctrine which the WTS held onto all throughout the 20th century and I would assume if the WTS is still around in the future, this date/year will be quietly dropped.

The fact that the WTS utilized this co called import date was to support the assertion that mankind is living in the end of this system of things as well as marketing ploy for many of the Watchtower's publications.

The organization's actions did allure a small segment of the population but more saw it as a commercialized scam, set up pretentiously toward preaching the Gospel of Christ Jesus and giving praise and appeasement to Jehovah.

I don't think supporting false (commercialized) prophets is in appeasement to Jehovah, just saying.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Let be realized that the WTS preys onto people's ignorance particularly when it comes to bible theology.

The average Joe doesn't have that back ground knowledge so these people put their faith into the WTS. for telling the truth and being honest, which inevitably the WTS exploits, its this circumventing corruption which people are starting to realize with this organization.

Jehovah wasn't there guiding this operation, it was devious opportunistic men building up their own power and control around themselves by mostly exploiting fear and ignorance.

• Listener
    Listener

I'm having a discussion with a JW on Youtube and their latest comment was this -

<<just reading the Bible on my own I can tell with the outbreak of WWI when peace was first taken away from the whole earth and all the following calamitous global upheavals that's been happening since then, must be the end times period Christ spoke about in the Olivet discouses>>

Rather than going into a more involved response, I kept it simple and as he was explaining that reading the Bible had ultimately convinced him that 1914 was correct, I replied

<<We know, beyond doubt, that it could not have been 1914 because Jesus also told us that ' this generation would not pass away until all these things occurred'.>>

I'm interested to see if he will respond with the overlapping interpretation, especially after trying to convince me that he wasn't relying on the opinions of the GB.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places.

The fact is that all of those occurrences happened where and when those words were written and all the ways up to are own modern times . Pick an era like the middle ages and you have the end times as described to a tea.

Telling the honest educated truth is never been one the focused concentrated endeavors of the Watchtower Corporation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit