Superstitious people

by biblexaminer 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

The world is filled with superstitious people. And some of the most superstitious are Jehovah's Witnesses.

Remember, I didn't say they alone are the most superstitious, nor did I say they are on an island.

How do we know that this is true? Well, there are many ways. I will point to one.

We know that Catholics are superstitious when we examine how they view the "Rosary". Sitting there counting their beads as if this will bring them life, health and prosperity. Catholics do not count beads thinking 'It makes no difference in my life, I will succeed or suffer regardless"... No.

But what about Jehovah's Witnesses?

Their superstitious thinking can be demonstrated in no better way than when one examines the Watchtower's 'Rosary beads', their icons, their "emblems". (their own word)

Yes, nowhere can it be seen more clearly, and also nowhere can Satan's victory over them be more aptly demonstrated, than at their yearly "Memorial Celebration", their version of the "Last Supper". And it approaches.

Visit the Kingdom Hall. See it for yourself. See it, with your eyes open.

I'll sit at the back, where the attendant will have to bring the plate and the cup to me personally, and I will have to hand it back personally. Doing this is like a magnifying glass, a microscope, peering at the base essence of it, seeing the event in all its nakedness. A trip behind the curtain.

I've actually done this. I will do it again.

When it is time, the ones who are acting as attendants, and shuffling the "emblems", will approach me singularly. The plate advances toward me and the attendant fully expects me to take it into my hand. But alas, a few steps away, I raise my hand as if to swear an oath in court and I gently say "no thanks". And then I look into his eyes.

Now, at this point, I have been offered the "emblems" the same as anyone else in audience, to eat or to decline. Persons in the audience take the plate or glass into their hand as a matter of convenience, a strictly mechanical act allowing the mass production of this event in the life of everyone present within the time given, because each has to give it to the next person and so on.

So the base superstition can be concealed there. But not if you sit alone, and pull back the cover.

As I look into the eyes of the attendant, I see fear. The longer I refuse to take the plate into my hand, the more grave his look becomes. And then I give him a break. I reach out and touch the plate. Just a touch. And I see it. I see the relief as it cascades through his facial features. The agony he was just feeling melts away, and he's better now. His ravenous superstition has been fed. The beast is kept at bay. Life goes on.

I didn't want to give him that relief. I wanted him to carry it home, that pain, that knot in his gut that would make him toss and turn all night. But I did. For the sake of peace in the family. To keep the charade going for the elderly loved ones in our life. I let him off.

But, I only gave a little the last time. Nay did he a full meal give his beast, that 'superstition within'.

Whereas the first time I did this, I eventually took the emblems into my hand, the last time I merely reached out to touch the plate, like a sinner stretching out his hand to be healed by Christ's garment. Like a Catholic that would reach for the Shroud of Turin. He got some relief. Just some.

The "Memorial". Did Christ command what Watchtower does? Jesus never said that there should be spectators. At what He instituted, there was 100% participation. If the Watchtower were to actually do something close to what He commanded, then their precious 144k remnant would meet privately and have it done. And we could hear all about it later.

But Satan wants otherwise. Every year, Satan goes to Jesus and says ..'here see, they don't want you, they let your offering, your sacrifice pass them by'. "Jesus", he tells, "you died for nothing."

Satan has won a battle. Not the war. No. But a battle. He has used one of his institutions to take millions away and turn them to men. To himself.

This year, perhaps I will take a rabbit's foot to the Memorial. When they offer me the "emblems" I will wave it too & fro. I will say..."thanks...I'm good... got it covered"

• brandnew
    brandnew

People make the apostle peter out as a bad guy for denying jesus 3 times......jw's do it 2 times every year.

Mad Puppy

• brandnew
    brandnew

Once with the wine

Once with the bread

Mad Puppy

• Carol1111
    Carol1111
    Why do they want you to touch the plate?
  • biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

"Carol1111
    an hour ago
    Why do they want you to touch the plate?"

Exactly..
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    some of the most superstitious people I knew, were JW's.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

People make the apostle peter out as a bad guy for denying jesus 3 times......jw's do it 2 times every year.

Once with the wine.....Once with the bread..........brandnew

.................................Image result for WatchTower Logo.WATCHTOWERS...."IGNORE JESUS DAY"Image result for WatchTower Logo

..Don`t Do it!........What Tony Said!..

.Image result for WatchTower Stephen lett..Image result for communion.Image result for no jesus

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    You are so right about JWs being superstitions!
  • Alive!
    Alive!

Looking back - it's clear that JWs are In fear of material objects in ways that are very unhealthy.

So many stories to relate - many first hand observations.

An obsession with demons.....we've recently covered the issue re second hand goods....

And The sign of the cross spooks the average JW...I remember a pioneer who was going to give me a hand with some housework (paid of course!) she was introduced through a friend...and one of the first things she said was how she had bad demonic reactions to the 'cross' - even if it were just printed on the front of a bible.

I really didn't want someone having a demonic episode in my home LOL - I mentioned that I had a collection of bibles and books on religions of the world - I hoped this wouldn't be a trigger.

Thankfully - she got through the day without any nasty experiences.

I sensed she was a little unstable so I refrained from asking her how she coped with literature from the society which sometimes had visuals of pagan gods and symbols, including the cross...

So many stories, unhealthy superstition.... Creating fear and anxiety.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''So many stories, unhealthy superstition.... Creating fear and anxiety''

A lot of JW's struggle with this and depression.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit