November 2019 Watchtower (Would love to hear the comments in the hall)

by pleaseresearch 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    For instance, apostates publish lies and distort facts about Jehovah’s organization on websites and through television and other media.

Jehovah doesn't have an organisation. If he did, there would be some mention of it in Scripture. Which there isn't.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    We do not allow anyone or anything, including curiosity, to draw us into arguing with them

JWs aren't allowed to have curiosity. Don't research anything, don't question anything. But we're not a cult!

Curiosity is the life blood of sentient animals, without it we're just insects.

• tiki
    tiki

Funny how all those pedophile cases have ended up in courts of law ....being nothing but lies and fallacies. The judicial system must really be off...awarding settlements to alleged victims. And that whole Australian inquiry and all the testimony...wow. That was all untrue? Perhaps it never even happened!!!

None so blind as he who will not see.....

• sir82
    sir82

Sure, absolutely - we should reject "lies" whether they come from "apostates" or anyone else.

But what about the case where "apostates" tell the truth? What should "we" do then?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Given the right moment, I will ask someone what specific lies anyone has heard on TV.

The closest anyone will come will be .... "well, they distort the information" or something in general.

I will ask for the specific show and time. What are the odds that that I get nothing specific?

Rub a Dub

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

I have to admit that the Borg has done an excellent job at demonizing any negative press to the extent that 99% of JDubs are scared to death to talk to to ex members or to look at CA articles. JDubs are just brain dead giving up their life to live in a make believe paradise.

• Spiral
    Spiral

I know several JWs who know someone who was abused by a JW relative (in these cases, also their relatives).

Are they saying all the victims are apostates, too?

• Cadellin
    Cadellin
    Magnum says, "they're implying that everything that "apostates" say is a lie."

Very true but even more--they also imply that ANYTHING negative or critical of JW or the WBTS on the media is a lie, by its very nature of being negative or critical. So the response, at seeing anything negative or critical is "critical = apostates = lies." This shuts down the whole critical thinking process (assuming the viewer has much of one to begin with).

As far as the Genesis account--YES! No one can explain how it is that the three promises Satan makes to Eve were ALL TRUE! The society has not published anything acknowledging or explaining that!!

• WildeLover
    WildeLover

It is the mark of an educated mind to entertain a thought without accepting it

Aristotle

Another reason they demonise higher education.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Satan must have told that apostate Rutherford to lie when he said "millions now living will never die"!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit