November 2019 Watchtower (Would love to hear the comments in the hall)

by pleaseresearch 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RayoFlight2014
    RayoFlight2014

My first question would be: If the society has misinterpreted the meaning of the locusts in Joel, how can we be confident that our current understanding of satans burning arrows in Ephesians is in any way correct?

Secondly, can we be provided with documented proof of these lies, with references to the source and be shown where it is that the apostates have lied?

And thirdly, would it not strengthen our faith if we can prove beyond doubt that the appostates distort facts and tell lies?

Surely truth will prevail, because it can be backed by evidence when scrutinized, whereas deception will fail when examined.

RayoFlight2014.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

As far as the Genesis account--YES! No one can explain how it is that the three promises Satan makes to Eve were ALL TRUE! The society has not published anything acknowledging or explaining that!!

I have yet to hear anyone explain in a satisfactory manner , that one away to me .

• Half banana
    Half banana

A new word for the in-house JW lexicon:

Lie....a, anything which contradicts JW beliefs. b, anything spoken by a JW apostate.

Get real Watchtower! you are a deliberately ignorant, oppressive, life-sapping religious cult with no evidence to support your claims and have no experience of fulfillment of any of your predictions.

You waste your members lives and bind on them family mistrust to place you instead, the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses, above natural flesh and blood ties. You have never given help to anyone but yourselves and you siphon off the wealth of your members for your own self aggrandising purposes. If a real God had anything to do with the GB there would be no need for this money grabbing. . .

Lastly you have wilfully hidden from your membership the correct meaning of certain words; especially the distinctions between lies, propaganda and factual evidence.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'd reply: What i find interesting is that is exactly how the Catholic Church originally replied to all the accusations of sexual abuse!

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

If I was still at the KH I would like to answer the OP's question by saying, "the Watchtower gives us a fine reminder to never argue with those taking the lead. If we want to debate something it would be better not to come."

I would be careful not to mention having to leave the hall by tread over all the burning arrows at the end of every meeting.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Desirous of change, it’s TRUE when applied to the Catholic Church, LIES when it’s about JWS.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    punkofnice - "That's really quite hilarious. There are Jobos that think that some people are zombified shells controlled by the evil one. What must they look like?"

Demon zombies.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    RayoFLight2014 - " If the society has misinterpreted the meaning of the locusts in Joel, how can we be confident that our current understanding of satans burning arrows in Ephesians is in any way correct?"

Doesn't matter.

As far as JWs are concerned, it's not really about being "correct".

It's about being in "God's Exclusive Earthly Organization".

This was, in fact, explicitly told to me by my then-Elder dad when I was a young fellow, and was a huge component of why I stayed in as long as I did, despite suspecting just how much the Org was actually wrong about.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I’d imagine the JW obsession over apostates will escalate dramatically over the next few years. That’s a multitude of messengers to shoot.

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

I'm going to ask my brother and Mum to record the comments. They both go to two different congregations so I should have two sets of answers. To give them both credit, they do look into things if I show them. But they have a very strong shield up indeed. My Mum is all too aware of the issues regarding sexual abuse and shes appalled. But still keeps going back to this is Gods organisation as Vidiot mentioned two posts up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit