Will directing people to jw.org actually prove counter productive?

by eyeslice2 16 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeslice2
    eyeslice2

There was a time when the society was very skeptical about the internet and the so-called lies and apostate information that was out there. It sort of was something to be avoided. Over the past ten years, however, it seems they have taken to it with a passion. Publishers even are told as part of their door to door presentations to encourage householders to visit jw.org, but will this actually turn out to be counter productive?

The internet is there to be explored, and if it were me, I may check out jw.org but at the same time just google 'jehovah's witnesses' and find a stack of information about the witnesses, including this site. So, whilst the died in the wool witnesses may continue to avoid the lies and apostasy, I can't see many converts being made with this approach.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

That could very well be true. But the other purpose of having people go to the internet, is to protect the witnesses at the door from having to think about an answer. Just present and run. No entanglements that may cause doubts or concerns.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

If you ask too many questions with JW`s at the door ,their stock answer seems to be we don`t get into debates and run.

• Half banana
    Half banana

The first thing on the internet under Jehovah's Witnesses is e-bay with the title "Shop Jehovah's Witnesses".

The imperative verb 'shop' means to tell the police or inform of someone's wrongdoing.---appropriate!

• alanv
    alanv

The org is unrecognisable for most of us now. Not so many years ago we were taught very carefully what answers to give people on any one subject that may come up on the doors. Now the members have no idea how to counter the many questions that they are asked. So for them its a great cop out to simply say to the householder, go to jwdotorg where all your questions will be answered.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    eyesie - it seems they have taken to it with a passion.

It saves them money. Money, after all, is the real god of the governing body. How else will they live like rock stars whilst protecting paedophiles at the same time.

Publishers even are told as part of their door to door presentations to encourage householders to visit (the silly website)

Because they don't want to lose any more money giving sheeple when they hear logical arguments and evidence to prove that the WBT$ is a scam.

but will this actually turn out to be counter productive?

If it's like here in the UK, anywhere else, I'd say no one will even bother to look at the silly website.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Very true alanv , Gone are the days apparently where the JW would answer a question and if he/she didn`t know the answer then and there it would be a return visit when they will come back with an answer.

Now apparently its just look it up on JW.org

Jehovah`s Witnesses have ceased to be Witnesses of Jehovah , they are more likely or should be called ,

Witnesses of JW.Org. / JW.Orgs Witnesses.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

jw organs

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Jehovah`s Witnesses have ceased to be Witnesses of Jehovah , they are more likely or should be called ,
    Witnesses of JW.Org. / JW.Orgs Witnesses.

πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘Bang on Smiddy !!! Ha ha someone should do a meme about it, it's so true!!!

• eyeslice2
    eyeslice2

Also, the society is printing less and less literature. Many presentations the publisher says something to the effect of, 'I'd like to show you how to download a book you can read'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit