Hello Everyone

by JohnPaul 35 Replies latest jw friends

• JohnPaul
    JohnPaul

Hi everyone I would like to say hello to everyone,

I just started attending Kingdom Hall about a month ago now and am doing Bible study with a brother.

• Simon
    Simon

You may be in the wrong place

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Hi JP,

You are probably studying a WT publication instead of just the bible by itself. JW's are not allowed to do that. So, it isn't actually a bible study at all.

Have you ever wondered why just reading the bible isn't enough for JW's?

• a watcher
    a watcher

Hi JohnPaul. e-watchman.com would be a better place for you to hang out than here.

• JohnPaul
    JohnPaul

@Simon,

I looked around and couldn’t find the greet and meet forum.

I tried uploading my avatar but it won’t let me, perhaps I have to be approved by the Mods?

• JohnPaul
    JohnPaul

I can’t quote messages yet either.

Yes I’m studing the Watch Tower also Sea Breeze.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Welcome JohnPaul. It's nice to have you join us.

My parents started studying with the JW's many, many years ago when I was 10.

Unfortunately, our involvement with the JW organization did not make for a happy family life for me and my siblings. Nor did it make my parents marriage happy.

In fact, the intrusion of Watchtower Society into our lives created a very bad family life. My parents divorced after 35 years of marriage and my siblings and I have fractured relationships with ourselves.

It also led to our isolation from both sides of our very large, extended family.

Please be wary when your study conductor (and later the elders) try to tell you how to live your life.

This is a very good forum for discussing all things related to Jehovah's witnesses.

You can easily search 20+ years worth of discussion here.

-Aude Sapere (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding; Dare to Think for Yourself)

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Hi JohnPaul if you want to quote things copy and paste it and then press the " quotation marks at the top of the box here. It will turn your quoted text yellow.

NB I highly highly recommend you first check out JWfacts.com before you continue with your study.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Welcome to the Forum JohnPaul, (II)

He was an interesting Pope by the way.

Here is a short video which I think fairly sums up what life is like for Jehovah's Witnesses.

Worth a watch in my books.

https://youtu.be/ppYNYyNb_ak

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome to the forum.

Please examine all sides and study things out thoroughly before making a lifetime commitment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit