Why are JWs so sensitive to criticism?

by Half banana 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Samson and the 300 foxes we are missing the moral of the story. The Philistines retaliate and kill Samson's ex-fiance and her father by burning them alive, so what's the point of the story? Fighting fire with fire!!!! I guess animals didn't have rabies in those days.

• blondie
    blondie

So the WTS is made of imperfect men who make no mistakes.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

blondie: that's why NEW LIGHT is so essential, it covers their ass...

• Ding
    Ding

I think it's the persecution mindset instilled in the literature and at the meetings.

It's us v. them, good v. evil, Jehovah v. Satan.

Circle the wagons and head for the bunkers.

In reality, the rest of the world wouldn't even notice JWs if they weren't knocking on their doors all the time.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I think it's due to the brainwashing. You cannot be fully indoctrinated to a dictatorial regime and be prepared to die or go to jail or shun even your closest friend or family for the sake of it and be wishy washy about someone criticizing it. Remember, JWs themselves are not allowed to criticize their religion just like in Nazi Germany no one could critisize Hitler or you could be turned in by a neighbor or so -called friend.Same kind of fear based reaction with dubs or any cult.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Mormons tell better Mormon jokes than anyone. JWs think any criticism of them or the WTBTS is led by Satan himself. Mormons can advertise their religion in the playbill of the play that is lampooning their religion. Would JWs do that?

I live in Texas. Were Muslims all hysterically insane at any insult to the prophet, then you'd have a real crisis. We have a LOT of Muslims in this area. Yeah, if you are saying rude things TO offend, most Muslims would think you were rude-and if your intent is that, then duh, yeah, you are trying to offend and it works.. Everyone in my family has said idiotic and intentionally rude things to me about my religion just to see what would happen. Obviously, for all the big mouth talk about how violent ALL Muslims are(because the religion demands it, according to the blather), most don't buy it, they just like the rhetoric.

• skin
    skin

Just another sign that somethings not right. Lets stomp out this negative criticism about the beloved WT.org. Then we don't have to deal with that level of Satan's attack. And by the way, this criticism is what cause's people to turn apostate. You don't want that, do you?

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Some believe that if you criticize "Jehovah's Anointed (People)" it is the same as criticizing Jehovah himself, images of she bears ripping up children come to mind, Ah what a loving creator!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Thier brains are turned off and they like that thier ears have been tickled to think thier in gods organization. Reality kills thier pathetic lives so don't criticize.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I recall years ago someone made a joke about the dubs on a TV and my ex who is a staunch dub even laughed at it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit