Did any of us ever enjoy meetings?

by stephanie61092 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• elderINewton
    elderINewton

I loved giving talks but hated how restricted the wt was on passion and keeping an audience engaged. I must have been counciled hundreds of times to focus on the material rather than the audience.

Watchtower study was a death sentence. Worst meeting part ever. Clear brainwashing part that I never ever could like

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups
    I've never actually liked going to meetings. Been going regularly since 1973.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.Did any of us ever enjoy meetings?

......Image result for no

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

As an overrighteous appointed man giving talks and parts and handling assignments I thought I was quite "fulfilled" after such meetings... Yes I was a selfrighteous so and so who thought I was being used by Jehovah in those assignments....so I guess until waking up I "enjoyed" the meetings.

BUT a funny thing struck me...I was also VERY HAPPY when a meeting was cancelled due to an assembly week, or a public speaker didn't show up to do the Public Talk...SO I guess that shows how I felt deep down!?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    I never enjoyed the meetings the way others claimed to, however I believed I should enjoy them and felt guilty for it.
  • kaik
    kaik
    I disliked assemblies. I like the first one I have ever attended because it was new to me. But the enthusiasm evaporated after the assembly. Meetings were alright, depending on who conducted them. We had one very motivated elder who was excellent orator and was like father-type middle aged man. Not much totalitarian and dogmatic. However, when you got some of the brainwashed fanatics to control the show it was boring to outright terrible. But at leas there was family so it was a lot of eye to eye communication. My mom insisted to sit at the last row so we could not be watched by rest of the KH.
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    Many years ago my father enjoyed a meeting
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    OUTLAW....my thoughts exactly
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    no not at all, they went on for too long, the content was usually boring and not intellectually stimulating, the standard of speaking from the platform was usually dreadful sometimes interspersed with a decent entertaining speaker, but as The Great Teacher said they certainly make you deal with periods of boredom in the most imaginative way, I wonder why it took the dipshits at HQ decades to suddenly wonder that huge indifference, missing them,dwindling participation in FS etc was the cue that it might be time to do something radical eg removing the CBS, reducing the content, reducing pioneer hour rates etc? their stupid so called schedule of worshipping model remained unchanged for decades, surely more changes are to come.
  • lurkernomore
    lurkernomore
    The last few years before I awoke to TTATT I would get really sleepy and day dreamy during the meeting. As soon as the meeting was done I'd go stupidly hyperactive! Used to wind my wife up a treat poor thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit