My Boyfriend's Family Wants to Meet Mine (My Parent's are JWs) Help!

by LaurenM 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cha ching
    cha ching

One more "two cents"... What if you DO introduce them to your parents, your mom and dad don't talk to you and then.....

you don't keep that boyfriend? All that drama for nothing.

One thing I would say for sure. Your life has to be yours. Otherwise, you will have regrets.

• zeb
    zeb

If you really have to do the intro thing consider having a BBQ and inviting lots of folk along as well.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Good idea Zeb!

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

Just recently I was told about an extended family member, faded for years, dad an elder. Dad found out about worldly boyfriend so calls the elders and sets up a meeting for them and his daughter. Daughter DFd. Dad keeps his "humble service" position of elder daughter now shunned.

Every which way you look at it, shunning is the result.

If you have met your man's parents I would recommend talking to them and making them understand your situation.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

If you are baptized and inactive and faded successfully it will only be a problem if your family don't believe you when you say you are not doing the horizontal mambo. Are you living with this guy? Then I think you know what the answer will be. If you are going to marry the guy, get it done, then avoid the drama. If you are not ready to marry and you can lie successfully about the sex thing, or in fact can truthfully say there's no cha cha going on, take a chance. Remember, two or more witnesses or a confession is the rule. Definitely tell his parents about the wackiest religion in the country before the introduction.

• flipper
    flipper

I agree with Cha Ching's view , " your life has to be yours. " That says it in a nutshell

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit