This thread is for proof that God exists

by juandefiero 375 Replies latest jw friends

• atomant
    atomant
    Proof that god exists is all around us..Just stop and have a good long look aroundTake a deep breath and ask gee thats a coincidence just the exact right amount of oxygen filled my lungs.Jump up and down gee thats a coincidence just the exact right amount of gravity to enjoy life on earth. Go outside and look at everything growing and flourishing gee thats a coincidence the sun is the exact right distance from the earth.Take a look at the animal kingdom and observe the special bonds.Look at all the insects and how they work in harmony to survive.its a pity humans dont take a few lessons from the insects.Now where was l.Oh yes now which came first the chicken or the egg?Just sayin.
  • cofty
    cofty
    Take a look at the animal kingdom and observe the special bonds.Look at all the insects and how they work in harmony to survive - atomant

Do you get all of your information about natural history from Disney cartoons?

The most common means of survival in the natural world is parasitic.

Look more carefully at those amazing animals. Every feature of their bodies contribute to their ability to kill other living things or avoid being torn apart by predators. Almost every animal you have ever seen died of predation, infection, parasites, hypothermia or starvation. Some animals kill and eat their own babies. Rape is pandemic.

Go outside and look at everything growing and flourishing gee thats a coincidence the sun is the exact right distance from the earth

Most of the earth is uninhabitable. Only 1% of the water is available. The sun kills millions of people every year through fatal cancers. Earthquakes, volcanoes and tsunamis kill earth's inhabitants by the millions.

Yes proof of god is all around us indeed.

• Twitch
    Twitch

In what way did I fail to address the issue? I asked you a very specific question about the issue.

Who said you failed to address the issue? I just asked if you had issue with what was posted. Clearly you do have issue with the idea it would seem. But why ask me? Can't you address the assertion directly?

You could've addressed the post with "what the charter says is/is not" or "I think the charter implies that criticism is/is not" etc. I find your tack rather personal in nature, which is unnecessary but seems a pattern.

Besides I don't "owe" you anything.

Do you think that means that other people are not allowed to challenge your beliefs? Do you think that it the intention of the Declaration?

The only people that try to change other people's beliefs are religious people, in my experience. I don't listen to 'em but it's their right to espouse their beliefs, like anyone. Equality and respect, me thinks is the idea.

If the Declaration intends that beliefs shouldn't be challenged then it would say so, wouldn't it? Does It?

Would that not make all religious preaching a breach of the Declaration too?

Does it? Because if it does, then the people who wrote this should be informed.

Don't you think you have misunderstood the Declaration?

Not at all. I merely take it at face value for what it does say, not what it doesn't.

How should it read?

• cofty
    cofty

So you posted a quote from the UDHR that you agree has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation.

• cofty
    cofty
    Who said you failed to address the issue? - Twitch

You did

Perhaps we can address the issue rather than the person, if that's agreeable to you? - Twitch

Then you proceeded to "address the person".

I find your tack rather personal in nature, which is unnecessary but seems a pattern.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

did you belong to the debating club in HS? I don't often agree with your POV , but your debating skills are most excellent. And that's no yolk! Really, kudos. Talis

Thank you Talis!! No, I never took debait in High School or on any basic level but Bobby Fisher did teach me how to play chess and I did take more than one science lab class in college and I studied for the LSAT, and more and HS (Holy Spirit) is what I always rely upon -not that it make any difference to the the subject matter which is the validity of my statement, the issue that I am discussing with cofty, and neither does cofty's basic education or posts expressing his emotions about my statement affect its validy either.

Do you agree in spite of our different POV?

• cofty
    cofty
    neither does cofty's basic education or posts expressing his emotions about my statement affect its validy either. - Fishy

In Scotland I was taught to spell that as "validity" and I would write "debait" as "debate". I would also try to avoid 97 word sentences but as you pointed out my education was basic. If you are going to continue to criticise my education you should probably try to avoid making so many errors in one short post.

Why did you underline "high school"? I also completed high school and then three years of college in Glasgow. I took a number of academic prizes at both school and college but turned down a scholarship to do a Bachelor of Science degree in telecommunication engineering in order to go pioneering. So when I admitted to having a basic education don't get the wrong idea.

I never post about my emotions. I present facts and discuss evidence which you proceed to ignore and indulge in sophistry.

(Holy Spirit) is what I always rely upon

Why not try relying on evidence?

• prologos
    prologos
    atomant: "--.Oh yes now which came first the chicken or the egg.--" ? the rooster
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

in order to go pioneering.

Therefore, your presents mean something to me. I never knew until now that you were a JW

So when I admitted to having a basic education don't get the wrong idea.

Did you take debait when I underlined High School?

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

A god like Jehovah certainly doesn't exist.

Maybe this universe was caused intentionally. Nothing prevents that. But is hard to accept a god who intervenes directly in the universe.

I understand the need of the concept of God. But the only healthy concepts are the traditional mainstream Christianity. A god who acts directly only after people die.

Many X-JW's turn to atheism because the Solar Scriptura adopted by WT. I think atheism is pointless. Agnosticism seems to be more practical.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit