This thread is for proof that God exists

by juandefiero 375 Replies latest jw friends

• Alive!
    Alive!

Yes, I suspect Isaac could be unpleasant from what I've read - but I think I'd have liked his wackiness.

My experience in life is that we are all a mix of different qualities and failings.

I'm sorry I hurt your sensibilities Cofty...and I'm sorry if it appeared to the forum that I tried to misrepresent your stance....Thanks for clearing that up.

Take care.

• cofty
    cofty
    I'm sorry I hurt your sensibilities Cofty

You didn't. You made a simple mistake about what I said and I objected.

• Alive!
    Alive!
    Sorted.
  • Ruby456
    Ruby456
    alive! you are correct in your basic criticism - as Issac Newton, although I do respect him very much, does represent a type of scientist and follower
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

Being criticised for my writing skills by you and Fishy is a compliment.

If you believe that Outlaw complimented you directly or indirectly in his previous post directed to you, you did not understand what Outlaw meant. All that Outlaw meant to say is that all of your posts are too wordy and he detected something artificial in your posts: pretentiousness, pretending to be literary, he did not know what to make of it so he asked someone that knows something about writing in the English language: "What in the world is this man saying !" -not that anything that you write requires anyone with more than a High School diploma or less to assess. If you think that Outlaw was complimenting you because he needed someone evaluate what you wrote:"You are not reading! -Marvin Shilmer

If you feel that that referring to your writing as substandard to standard is a complement, you have a poor self estimate. And if you feel that the use of the term Writing "Skills" referring to your writing implies anything more than basic, you fail to understand that even a child has skills. And if you feel that giving your writing any analytical attention whatsoever is and indirect compliment from a captive audience that cannot ignore it plastered all over this Forum and would not even glance at it anywhere else but on this Forum related to JW, you do not realize that it is not a compliment.

On the other hand, the substance of what you say is not invalidated by how you say it and by how others feel about how you express your views. The only thing that is valid or invalid are your views.

concentrate on colouring in cartoons

It is clear that Outlaw has made his color about you very clear. What other views he chooses to concentrate on and post about does not depend on you.

It is a waste of time responding to your color. I may decide to respond to your conclsuions about evolution in your thread.

• cofty
    cofty

Fishy - I enjoy communicating. Specifically I get pleasure from taking difficult subjects and presenting them simply. I aim to make everything I write clear and concise. I trust I achieve that objective to a reasonable degree most of the time.

I could not exaggerate how little I care about your opinion of my posts. My concern for Outlaw's opinion is even less. If you believe he has an academic friend who criticised my writing, I have a bridge I would like to sell you. It was a ruse to allow him to put personal insults in the third person. Don't be so gullible.

Do not allow yourself to be distracted by a petty-minded individual. I understand the temptation - I criticise your beliefs and he has a vendetta against me. Concentrate on the content of posts that challenge your opinions. Personal attacks are for vindictive people who have nothing interesting to say.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

My concern for Outlaw's opinion is even less. If you believe he has an academic friend who criticised my writing, I have a bridge I would like to sell you. It was a ruse to allow him to put personal insults in the third person. Don't be so gullible.....cofty

Many of My Friends have Very Good Educations..

This one happens to be a retired English Teacher with a Masters in Linguistics..

I thought it would be interesting to have an Academic with the Proper Credentials..

Offer His Opinion on your Writing Skills..

You Failed Miserably..LOL!!..

I consider the Owners of this forum Good Friends..

If they had Any Concerns,they could "Easily" Contact Me..

They could Talk to My Buddy on the Phone..

Tonight would be a Good Night..

We`ll be having Dinner,then Watching the Republican Debate..

• cofty
    cofty
    I consider the Owners of this forum Good Friends.. - Outlaw

Then why do you show so much disrespect for their forum by using it as a public platform for your petty vendetta?

Your sustained derailing of threads with personal attacks and name-calling is a disgrace.

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

Can I just say this thread has some serious legs.

Maybe @Juandefiero should get a crown or something lol.

• prologos
    prologos
    There appears to be a parallel, it seems to me, between the old-fashioned concepts of "god(s)" and these discussion about "god" the supreme, his absence, or proof of. It always seems to end up in petty bickering about personalities. The bickering of the norges, Jah versus Satan...., so, are you gods too, for god' sake? or should this at least in part be about beginnings, have some sake and relax

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit